0 votes

Hi,
Can I make the actions on the Home page that will create groups or distribution lists without the selection of type (like Global or Domain Local)? I'd like to make the type predefined, so that users didn't have to specify it.

by (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Yes, you can. For this purpose, please do the following:

Define two home page actions, specify the group type you need for each action, and disallow the user to change the group type:

• Create a new Home Page action - Create Group (Group Type)
  • At the Form Customization step, enable the Use customized form option and click Customize Form.
  • Remove the Group Type field from the General section. [attachment=0]delete_group_type_small.png[/attachment] - Click OK.
  • Click Add in the Predefined Fields section.
  • Select the Group Type property in the list.
  • Specify one of the following values in the Default value field: [list] - 2 - Global Distribution Group
  • 4 - Local Distribution Group
  • 8 - Universal Distribution Group
  • -2147483646 - Global Security Group
  • -2147483644 - Local Security Group
  • -2147483640 - Universal Security Group

[*]Click OK, and then click Finish.[/*]
[/list]

Many thanks!

I need this value, but I can't find the field (Default Value).

Hello Massimo,

These instructions are related to an old version of Adaxes. We have added the possibility to select the required Group Type instead of entering values. To do so:

1. After clicking Delete for Group Type property, click OK twice.
  2. In the Form Customization page, click Add .
  3. Select Group Type property.
  4. Click Select next to the Default Value field in the bottom of the window.
  5. Select the required Group type.
  6. Click OK, and then click Finish.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello, how can I define the standard Group type when I want to create a group in adaxes. If I use the button Create Group on the home screen the standard group type ... "Universal" and "Security" selected as standard. How can I configure this? Thanks, Fabian

asked Feb 28, 2023 by fabian.p (150 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Occationally Service Desk staff need to clear a DNS record when a desktop has been reimaged but is keeping the same name as loses the ability to manage its original DNS ... running in ADAXES. Can I just install the applet on the ADAXES server using powershell?

asked Jan 17, 2023 by stevehalvorson (110 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I’m looking for a way to take a unique number from Adaxes and use part of it to create an employee ID for the AD attribute field.

asked Dec 25, 2023 by cewilson (140 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Dear Support We have a business rule in the old Adaxes 2017 that was working: Before adding a universal security group to a global security group, the group type of the ... adding a universal group to a global group? <br> Our action: Best regards Johann

asked Nov 30, 2021 by Johann Ihnen (170 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Whilst the Web UI's Custom Forms and Views for each Object Type is useful, it's also very limiting presentation-wise if we want different users, computers, ... user groups and ensure a tidier experience whilst enforcing ACLs on various attributes and objects.

asked Nov 14, 2017 by Staj (350 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,772 comments
544,970 users