0 votes

Hello,

I'm here with some questions regarding those custom attribute from Adaxes :
- Where are they stored ?
- Can we backup/restore them ?
- Is it "better" to use Adaxes custom attribute or should we create our own attribute within AD ? (Pro/cons ?)

Thanks.

by (460 points)

Hello

Is it "better" to use Adaxes custom attribute or should we create our own attribute within AD ? (Pro/cons ?)

Extending the Active Directory schema is not without problems. For example, it's not possible to reverse some schema extensions.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... s.10).aspx

Adaxes customattrinutes are easy to use. However, they cannot be used in LDAP filters.

Cheers

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers

Or would the DLs have to be manually created and rules set up? I'm starting to look into features of the product before demoing, and was hoping there was an easy answer on this one. Thanks

asked Oct 7, 2020 by SIRI-Steele (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We'll be updating over 14K accounts with data (adding data to a virtual attribute) using a scheduled task but I don't want the updates to trigger Business Rules and flood the Adaxes log with entries. Is there an easy way to prevent this?

asked Apr 12, 2022 by sandramnc (870 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hello, as you can see in the attached picture some of the words are in English and some in German. As I can oversee it's the only page with that behaviour - all other pages are in English. Regards.

asked Jan 2, 2018 by HorstR (460 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hi Guys, We have two separate web UI for our HR and service desk. On HR one we have yellow bar with such text: "You don't have any permissions to read properties of your ... (acme.com\Users\West). I'd like to display only DisplayName in this case "John Doe".

asked Mar 20, 2015 by axmaster (510 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have a few questions on licensing. Which accounts are excluded from the license count? I understand you can exclude users, by OU possibly. I'm more interested ... . What happens during license validation? What happens if you go over license count?

asked Jul 2, 2020 by ComputerHabit (790 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users