0 votes

Hello,

I'm searching the best way to trigger a business rule after the execution of an action.

The action will allow user to edit some of their attribute (but not all) and i was wondering how i should set the business rule to apply each time the action pane is used.

by (460 points)

Any idea to help me ?

Hello

Business Rules triggers before and/or after creating, manipulating and/or deleting an AD object.

What are you trying to obtain from your action ?

- Cheers

In my company there is a process called "Mobility" where user "move".

Which can result in : OU modification AND/OR department modification AND/OR Manager modification.

So i create an action with a form where they can change those parameters.

Now i'm searching the good business rule trigger to launch my script when user fill the Mobility process form.

1 Answer

0 votes
by (2.6k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello

In this example, I check a custom attribute for changes and if it has changed to "True".
The custom attribute are linked to a checkbox on my form.

You can do the same with all properties you use on your form.

- Hope this helps you.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We currently have a form for HR to deal with ex-employees that are hired once more, but it's not much more than automatic emails sent to IT. If I add some actions ... this trigger the business rule we have that targets "After updating a user" ? Thanks, Louis

asked Oct 18, 2022 by lw.fa (130 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Then I could put the approval on the custom command.

asked Dec 4, 2023 by mightycabal (1.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, if a user creates a new user via web form and backend scripts are executed, is there a way to skip this waiting page? I not sure if I found some setting in the ... asynchronously" would do the trick, no? But I want all task are excuted one after one.

asked Jan 24 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
0 votes
0 answers

Is it possible to trigger an action 'after removing a member from a group' unless that member is a member of another group? For example I have two security groups: 'DS Senders' and ... 'DS Senders' but not if they are a member of 'DS Viewers', and vice versa.

asked Oct 26, 2021 by bavery (250 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Other than potentially infinite loops and scripts querying large number or resources, what are the downsides? We have a custom command that boots up a vm during execution, ... want to make sure there is nother else to consider before increasing the timeout.

asked Mar 10, 2022 by ThompsonAlex (40 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,681 users