0 votes

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to auto create usernames like such ABrown. I need the first and second letter to be cap. So first initial and last name work fine how i have it, but i cant figure out how to cap the first letter in last name...below is what i have now

%firstname:upper,1%%lastname:upper,1% which turns up Abrown

by (90 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello,

We recommend using the following expression: %firstname:upper,1%%lastname%. If this expression is used, the username will consist of the 1st letter of the first name (capitalized) plus the last name. If the last name starts with a capital letter, it will be capitalized.

Otherwise, if you need to force the first letter of the last name to be capitalized in the username, no matter which letter the last name starts with, you'll need to use a script and a Business Rule. If you want, we can help you with the script.

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers

We have a process to create unique usernames but it doesn't account for hyphens. We would like to remove the hyphens and continue to use first initial plus the first seven characters from the ... ($UNLT - 1), $UN.Length)) $UNName + ([int]$UNNum + 1) } } }

asked Dec 11, 2015 by tcarp (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

hello i'm new with Adaxes i'm try to creat schuadle task to import a spefice user list by thier username id after that just update City for them by bulk updating . kinly advise

asked Aug 29, 2023 by sudox (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Using this built in function: There is no option to change the domain on the user account, however this is not the domain we use for UPN. However after creating a user, you can change it but trying to avoid going back into the object.

asked Apr 14, 2023 by mightycabal (1.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I am looking for a solution which checks if the username ist unique with the following requirements: If [first letter of first name].[last name] is not possible as username ... letter of first name].[last name]2 I' am looking forward to a hint. Thanks

asked Feb 6, 2023 by boris (470 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Example: If a user has a ' in theirname: Fred J O'neal. Normally the username is set as %lastname:lower,4%%firstname:lower,3%%initials:lower% Problem is o'nefrej would be the result. ... name", "Information") $username = #this is what I'm not sure how to do?

asked Dec 6, 2022 by mightycabal (1.0k points)
3,350 questions
3,051 answers
7,791 comments
545,067 users