0 votes

Hello,

Some users we are trying to cross over into Adaxes have e-mail addresses with plus signs. Right now, if they put an e-mail address of, "Eamun+hello@domain.com" it throws:

Constraint Violation
The format of the specified e-mail address is invalid.  Please specify a valid e-mail.

Is there a way for Adaxes to accept plus signs in e-mail addresses? I should be valid. http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5233

by (70 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello,

Yes, for this purpose you need to modify the Property Pattern that defines constraints for the Email property. By default, the constraints are defined by the built-in User Pattern.

To modify the User Pattern to accept the plus ('+') character in email addresses:

1. Launch Adaxes Administration Console.
  2. Expand the service node that represents your Adaxes service.
  3. Navigate to Configuration \ Property Patterns \ Builtin.
  4. Select the User Pattern.
  5. Double-click the the Email property.
  6. In the edit field for the Must match regexp option, specify the following regular expression:
    ^[a-zA-Z0-9_.%\-\+]+@([a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+\.)+[a-zA-Z0-9_\-]+$
  7. Save the Property Pattern.

In the next version, the builtin User Pattern will accept the plus ('+') character in email addresses by default.

Hello,

Starting from Adaxes 2014.1 released yesterday, built-in Property Patterns for users, contacts and groups allow using the plus ('+') sign in e-mail addresses. You can download the latest build here.

Upgrade Instructions.

For a complete list of new features and improvements, see What's New.

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers

I know Adaxes has a module in it that uses e-mail verification in the password self-service policies. Can the verification system be used for anything other than an AD password ... to have a custom task run, but only after e-mail or text verification? Thanks!

asked Jul 27, 2015 by rlemaster (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I've got the following script as part of a larger piece where param-members is an AD Object picker list seperated by a ' ; ' currently: New-DistributionGroup -Name ... or convert that to username but I'm struggling to achieve that with multiple Users selected

asked Jan 27, 2020 by richarddewis (260 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way round the following "issue" we have. We are running 2018.2 (3.10.16008.0 x64) with Self-Service Client 1.3.7797.0. A ... given a choice of sign-in options, just go straight to Username & Password? Many thanks, Simon

asked Jan 17, 2019 by simontorroni (70 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I need some advice. I'd like to create a specific After user creation action, but I don't know exactly how. In our environment a new user need to assign a MS365 ... 313/create-user-mailbox-in-office-365 Will it work in 2020? Thank you for your answer.

asked Dec 14, 2020 by the7thever (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is it possible when sending the email notification to include all recipients in a single email instead of individual emails going out to each user? Thanks

asked Nov 1, 2018 by cory.fiala (50 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,683 users