0 votes

I am trying to create a web form for HR that only collects the info from the Create User form and emails the info to the helpdesk. I have seen some other examples of form creation for having HR initiate the actual user creation, or submit for approval, but that is not what I am trying to do.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

by (540 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Jason,

The solution will require a Home Page Action and a Business Rule triggering Before Updating a User. The Home Page Action form will contain only custom attributes (e.g. CustomAttributeText1). Adaxes custom attributes are virtual properties that are not stored in Active Directory, but can be used as any other property of directory objects. Each custom attribute will correspond to a field in the user account to be created (e.g. First Name, Last Name, etc.). You can use custom text (e.g. CustomAttributeText1), date (e.g. CustomAttributeDate1) and other custom attributes you might need for the form.

i. Creating the Home Page Action.

1. Launch Adaxes Web Interface Customization Tool.
  2. Select the interface type and click Configure Home Page Actions on the General tab.
  3. Click Add and select Modify User action.
  4. On step 2 of the wizard, select Always perform for the current user and click Next.
  5. Select Use customized form and click Customize Form.
  6. Delete all the sections except for one (e.g. General).
  7. Delete all the properties from the section.
  8. Click Add below Section fields.
  9. Select Show all properties.
  10. Select all required custom properties. For information on how to specify display names for the properties, have a look at the following help article: http://www.adaxes.com/help/?HowDoI.Mana ... Names.html.
  11. Click OK twice.
  12. Click Add below the Predefined Fields section.
  13. Select Show all properties.
  14. Select CustomAttributeBoolean1.
  15. Set the Default value to Yes and click OK.
  16. Click Finish.

ii. Creating the Business Rule triggering Before Updating a User

1. Launch Adaxes Administration Console.

2. Right-click your Adaxes service node, navigate to New and click Business Rule.

3. On step 2 of the Create Business Rule wizard, select User Object type.

4. Select Before Updating a User and click Next.

5. Click Add Action.

6. Select Send e-mail notification.

7. Specify Action Parameters. In the Message field, use value references to include property values (e.g. First Name: %CustomAttributeText1%).

8. Click OK.

9. Right-click the action and click Add New Action.

10. Select Run a program or PowerShell script.

11. Enter the following into the Script field:

$Context.Action.PropertyList.PurgePropertyList()
  12. Enter a short description and click OK.

13. Double-click Always.

14. Select If <property><relation><value>.

15. Select If CustomAttributeBoolean1 equals True and click OK.

16. Click Next and finish creating the Business Rule. You should have something like the following:

Excellent, I will try this. Thanks very much.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I'd like setup a new custom command on the Administrator dashboard that would run the following tasks against a disabled user account simultaneously. Enable their account ... the email when using the %unicodePwd% value. Is there a workaround for this?

asked Apr 23, 2020 by sirslimjim (480 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I am doing a proof of concept deployment of Adaxes and I am struggling with something that I believe is easy to correct. I am using the web form to create a new user with a space in it's name ... zA-Z0-9-]+.)+[a-zA-Z0-9_-]+$'." What did I miss for this config?

asked Jul 22, 2021 by jwisniewski (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have a business need for automating and controlling the creation of service accounts in our AD. For example, we want all new service accounts to start with "svc_" for ... customize the "New User" form to create a "New Service Account" workflow in Adaxes?

asked Sep 10, 2021 by joshua.lapchuk (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Running 2018.1 Our helpdesk staff have the Admin Console installed on their workstations with limited permissions granted to their accounts. They are in charge of new user additions ( ... seem to be a way to simply create a new user via Custom Command either.

asked Jul 27, 2018 by bradenmcg (260 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello- How can I add a field that will allow HR to enter a start date when creating new users? I added under the additional properties-custom attribute time stamp but don ... new hires. especially if you want to create and notify the team ahead of time. thanks

asked Oct 2, 2013 by MeliOnTheJob (1.7k points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,982 users