0 votes

Good Day

I'm new to this software and would like to test it in our environment, however I followed the installation guide, installed all the needed prerequisites, once the installation was done, I tried to login on the web console but keep on getting a bad data error and the below show up in the events log.
My Main aim is to get the web interface part up, because that is the main part that the company that I work for is interested in. I’m not to sure if I might be using wrong authentication or what the problem might be, I tried to google all over for the error but couldn’t find any information on the error.
Than you in advance, Here is the event log error:

Softerra.Adaxes.Web.Common.FatalErrorException: An unhandled exception occured (for details, see messages below). ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The criptography error occured while processing password. ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Bad Data.

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptogaphicException(Int32 hr)
at System.Security.Cryptography.Utils._DecryptKey(SafeKeyHandle hPubKey, Byte[] key, Int32 dwFlags)
at System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.Decrypt(Byte[] rgb, Boolean fOAEP)
at Softerra.Adaxes.Web.UI.Common.Controls.SecurePasswordBox.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Softerra.Adaxes.Web.UI.Common.Controls.SecurePasswordBox.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Kind Regards

by (20 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Softerra Adaxes!

Does your password exceed 118 characters? If yes, then the cryptography service cannot pass it to Adaxes Web interface. It is a well-known issue in Adaxes that we'll fix it in the next version.

To workaround it for now, you can use a shorter password. If that's unacceptable for you, you can disable the encryption feature for all your Web Interfaces. To disable password encryption:

1. Open the Web.config file for a Web Interface in a text editor. By default, Adaxes Web Interface sites are installed in the following folders:

• Administrators: C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Web Interface\Admin\
    • Help Desk: C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Web Interface\HelpDesk\
    • Self-Service: C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Web Interface\SelfService\
  2. Replace
    <passwordManagementSettings encryptPasswords="true" />
    with
    <passwordManagementSettings encryptPasswords="false" />

If password encryption is disabled, it is recommended to use SSL.

Hi, when and in which version is this fix expected ?
Thanks

Hello,

This is an issue in a third-party library that we use for password encryption. We'll try to find a workaround for it by the time we release Adaxes 2018.1. If we manage to find something that can help us to work around the issue, we'll fix it.

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers

Good afternoon Support, I have configured a new stack of servers in the same topology of our existing environment but have hit a snag when trying to terminate SSL on the F5 ... 7.13122.0 and 3.7.11926.0 running Windows Server 2012R2 fully patched by Microsoft.

asked Jul 12, 2016 by strikk (360 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hello, I get this error after logging into the web interface (As Adaxes Admin):   Fatal Error - Cannot process the request because the request signature is invalid or ... Adaxes Services/Server about 3 or 4 times now and restarting the computer as well.

asked Feb 6, 2023 by Edogstraus00 (470 points)
0 votes
1 answer

When I tried to login to web interface configurator it ask the username to be UPN (username@domain.com). If I just type SAM (username) it gave warning that username is not valid. Can we enable just to use username ?

asked Nov 22, 2021 by fachmi (170 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Hello, after upgrading to Adaxes 2023 we lost connection to Web Interface Configurator. Adaxes and Adaxes Web Interface are ok and users are able to login. URL http: ... went ok except I had to start manually Softerrra Adaxes service after restoring settings.

asked Nov 28, 2022 by juhota (210 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We get the following error when attempting to edit a room or equipment mailbox in the web interface. We can edit them using the admin console. I am a full Adaxes Admin so I don't think permissions. I also don't see an error in the logs.

asked Dec 9, 2020 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,681 users