Automatically Enable Users for Lync
Using Adaxes it is possible to automatically enable users for Lync after a user account is created, modified, added to a group, etc. In this tutorial, you will learn how to configure Adaxes to automatically provision newly created users for Lync.
- Select User in the Object Type list.
- Select After in the Operation section.
Select Creating a User in the Operation section and click Next.
- Pool: select the Lync registrar pool where Lync accounts will be homed.
SIP URI: specify a template that will be used to generate SIP URIs for users.
To generate a unique SIP URI for each user, you need to use value references (for example, %mail%) in the generation template. When a user is enabled for Lync, value references will be replaced with corresponding property values of the user. For example, if you enter the following template: sip:%mail%, the SIP URI will consist of the sip: prefix followed by the user's e-mail address.
- Telephony: select, which of Lync Server telephony services will be available to users and specify parameters for the selected option.
Right-click the action and select
Add Condition in the context menu.
- In the dialog that opens, select the If <property><relation><value> condition type.
In the Condition Parameters section, specify Employee Type equals Regular User.
Click OK. You'll see something like this:
All Objects - select if you want this Business Rule to be executed when a
user is created in any AD domain managed by Adaxes service.
Specific Domain - select if you want this Business Rule to be executed when
a user is created in the AD domain you specify.
- OU or Container - select if you want this Business Rule to be executed only when a new user is created under the selected OU or container.
Select the item you need and click Add. When finished, click OK.
The specified activity scope items will be displayed in the Assignments list. Click Finish
Now, when the Business Rule is complete, every time a new user is created in AD (no matter in which way - using Administration Console, Web Interface, during data import, via PowerShell scripts, etc.), Adaxes will automatically enable the user for Lync.