Disable Specific Web Interface Components
The Active Directory Web Interface provided by Adaxes can be used to handle many various tasks related to Active Directory administration, user account management, and self-service. Administrators need a feature-rich interface that allows them to handle the full range of Active Directory management tasks. At the same time, Help Desk operators need a simple and clear interface to perform only a specific set of duties related to the user account support. Regular users require an even more simple and easy-to-use environment for self-service activities.
To ensure that users have access only to the functionality they need, Adaxes gives you the ability to disable specific features of the Web Interface separately for Administrators, Help Desk, and Self-Service.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to disable the following components of the Web Interface:
- Home Page,
- Active Directory Search,
- Active Directory Reports,
- Password Self-Service,
- Navigation Bar,
- My Panel items (My Team, My Department, Approvals, etc.)
- Activate the General tab.
- Select the Do not show the Home page check box.
- Activate the Search tab.
- Select the Disable Directory Search check box.
- Activate the Reports tab.
- Select the Disable AD Reports check box.
- Activate the AD Browsing tab.
- Uncheck the Display the Browse button and AD object paths check box.
To configure which elements are shown in the Browse drop-down box, use the options below: