0 votes

Reeeeeealy simple and dumb question, but my manager asked and I can't see this specifically written anywhere, but ...

Using Adaxes to restrict a user's access to read other users Active Directory info won't stop that user from accessing Active Directory using another source, for example https://www.sysoptools.com/ad-query/ - right?

I mean, locking down permissions using Adaxes will only apply to users and groups when accessing AD through the Adaxes interface, am I correct?

Sorry for the bonehead question but I'd like something printed out to slide under my manager's nose.

Thanks!

by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Yes, you are right, the permissions granted by Adaxes Security Roles are effective only when using Adaxes and do not take effect when using any other tools. For example, this is mentioned in the beginning of the following tutorial: https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_Delega ... eUsers.htm.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Dear Reader, Currently we have Adaxes installed to manage mostly the on-premises user base. However some activities are extended to Office 365. Here we notice that Adaxes installed ... and when we do so how will this affect Adaxes? Thanks in advance, Maarten

asked Jan 8 by Maarten5150 (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, We have recently begun setting up Adaxes and are trying to exercise least privilege on both of the accounts we have created to manage the service. ... account is also given the appropriate Security Role within the Adaxes administrative console.

asked Sep 12, 2023 by just.kon (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Looking to add a delegated permission for a specific OU for a security role (Help-Desk) to provide the ability to join machines to the domain and also rename the machines in domain.

asked Apr 14, 2023 by Vish539 (310 points)
0 votes
1 answer

For security purposes, we need to audit the objects that are capable of replicating the directory. As we have a number of individuals that need this report, I would like to ... four domains and would like to see any objects with this permission in any of them

asked May 20, 2022 by jiambor (1.2k points)
0 votes
1 answer

I'm looking to audit file Share permissions, in order to find out what groups and individuals have access to what files and folders, whether those permissions are inherited or assigned, etc. Wondering if Adaxes can do this. Thanks in advance,

asked Mar 15, 2022 by sysdadmin (20 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,989 users