0 votes

I have a scenario I'm trying to think of the best way to accomplish. We have a New User Creation process that a group of employees can use, currently we have a custom powershell script that sends the welcome email with the password but, we have to approve the script to run because we want to make sure the AD user is synced into some 3rd party products.

So my question is, can we configure the "After User Creation" business rule to wait (could be up to an hour or 2) to send the welcome email until after a script can run and check to make sure the user was created in our 3rd party products?

The idea again is that an account request is submitted, the AD account is created, we wait until our other systems sync the new user account and then it sends the welcome email with the password in it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jake

by (300 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Jake,

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to delay execution of the script. Actually, the workflow you currently have is the best solution.

To fully automate the process, you might consider using a Scheduled Task to send the welcome email. However, in this case, you will need to use PowerShell scripts in the task conditions to check whether corresponding accounts were created in the third party applications which might not be the best solution in terms of configuration maintenance and convenience.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hi team, how can we show and edit account options for object types of "Room mailboxes". If we add "account options", there is nothing to add: How can we set for example password never expires or user can't change password?

asked Nov 29, 2023 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Good Afternoon, Is it possible to move mailboxes to 365 using more advanced options? I am already using the documented script but we have a need to use other switches in the ... this. I see the native way only supports a couple of options that are documented.

asked Nov 22, 2023 by curtisa (210 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I am wondering if this is a bug or something. When viewing a record, the account options section show blank, even though I have every option selected in the web ... update of Adaxes. Issue also is the same in another browser like Edge. Thank You!

asked Apr 13, 2023 by Edogstraus00 (470 points)
0 votes
1 answer

base dn: OU=Users,DC=domain,DC=com then we have sub OU's like OU=Department,OU=Users,DC=domain,DC=com and OU=Site,OU=Department,Dc=domain,dc=com i would like to filter all the users inside base dn.

asked Feb 21, 2023 by dppankib (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hey Adaxes Team, currently we evaluate the new 2023 Adaxes Release. As we tried the new Criteria Function for the Search feature we run into possible a bug. There is the ... the right direction or confirming this as bug. Thanks for your Time! Bests, Daniel.

asked Feb 3, 2023 by dajo (190 points)
3,348 questions
3,049 answers
7,791 comments
545,050 users