+1 vote

Is there a way to audit or export all the custom commands & scripts in a somewhat easy to read format?

I need to review everything that has been setup and some of custom commands and scripts need to be reviewed with persons that do not have access to the server.

by (1.3k points)

Hi

For now, we run this script listet here:

https://www.adaxes.com/script-repositor ... s-s394.htm

However, it does not export / include the powershell scripts source code.

If that could be fixed, it would make the documention task a lot easier ;)

- Thanks

The link is what I want to do but I get the following error.

We are running 2017.2 (3.8.14823.0)

This line is not in my script, which was made for version 2017.

"Reports \ Schedule" = "ReportSchedule", "adm-ReportScheduledTask";

Try to comment out ?

Think you better tighten up registration security/validation in this forum ..... !

This line is not in my script, which was made for version 2017.

"Reports \ Schedule" = "ReportSchedule", "adm-ReportScheduledTask";

Try to comment out ?

Commenting out that line worked. Thank you so much

Is there a way to audit or export all the custom commands & scripts in a somewhat easy to read format?

Hello,

Do you need only the scripts added to the Custom Commands or all the scripts used in Adaxes? How the scripts should be added to the report? Please, provide all the possible details about the result you would like to achieve so we could adjust the script for you.

I would also like to see a way to export the scripts. Either to include all scripts that are in the custom commands, business rules, and scheduled reports as part of the email (will make for a long email) or attached to the email as txt files named to match the script names. The idea is a snapshot of the current workflows so we can compare what is happening to what was happening.

Also, is there a way to export the scripts to a file when the scripts change so that we can take advantage of outside repositories such as git? This would be a greatly enhance the development process of our automation. My current fear is that if someone were to alter a script, we have no visibility into what was changed.

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

I would also like to see a way to export the scripts.

Have a look at the following script from our repository: https://www.adaxes.com/script-repositor ... s-s531.htm.

Also, is there a way to export the scripts to a file when the scripts change so that we can take advantage of outside repositories such as git?

Unfortunately, there is no such possibility.

Thank you. That fits my needs perfectly.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I'm looking to audit file Share permissions, in order to find out what groups and individuals have access to what files and folders, whether those permissions are inherited or assigned, etc. Wondering if Adaxes can do this. Thanks in advance,

asked Mar 15, 2022 by sysdadmin (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I'm just looking for some basic audit information. I want to see if any changes were recently made to a user's account, plus who made them (if any) and the date. I ... but I'm trying to find out of their groups were modified in the Member Of area. Thanks.

asked Apr 14, 2023 by great49er (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We would like to be able to, possibly through a script or report, search for attributes that equal specific values and find all rule-based groups that used those rules. An ... and being able to list all rule-based groups that use that in their query set.

asked Oct 5, 2022 by wesmcmillan (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi Does the built-in audit feature of Adaxes also track changes NOT made via Adaxes? For example via the usual AD management console? Thanks and best regards! Marius

asked Nov 5, 2021 by PFS_IT (50 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Is there a mechanism to perform an annual account re-authorization? on an Annual basis, People Managers are required to re-authorize the AD user account permissions there reports have ... Adaxes perform such an action? It appears that it may be able to do so.

asked Feb 17, 2020 by nicolais (20 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,772 comments
544,973 users