0 votes

Our organisation is planning to use Adexes for user creation and modification including helpdesk password resets.

However, we also have an AAD with federated authentication back to AD and are planning to use Azure SSPR for end-user password resets rather than Adexes.

This will result in Azure synching back the new password to AD.

I guess this will not be visible to Adexes and am wondering if this could cause any issues?

Many thanks,
Bernie

by (310 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (270k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Bernie,

You are right, such resets will not be visible in Adaxes logs. However, there should be no issues with users signing in specifying their new passwords synchronized by AAD.

At the same time, you can use Adaxes to reset user passwords and automatically synchronize new passwords to Office 365 without using AAD. You just need to enable the Synchronize passwords option in the settings of your Office 365 tenant registered in Adaxes. For details, have a look at step 6 of the following tutorial: https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_Active ... #collapse1.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I don't know if this is achievable but.... we want to see if we can automatically enrol users for Azure SSPR/MFA as soon as a mobile/cell number is added to their AD ... AAD. So wondering if it's possible to do this from the AD side somehow? Many thanks

asked Aug 10, 2019 by Bernie (310 points)
0 votes
0 answers

In user details or user details column, can we give visibility to our admins for SSPR Phone number and email used to do self-service pwd reset, and also the status. It can be through a report or available as a column.

asked Jan 4, 2023 by mchaudh (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are testing Windows Autopilot and would still like to use the adaxes client to allow for SSPR. Is it possible to configure the Windows Integration settings on a machine that is not domain joined but is joined through Azure AD?

asked Sep 3, 2020 by scoutcor (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I’m looking for a way to take a unique number from Adaxes and use part of it to create an employee ID for the AD attribute field.

asked Dec 25, 2023 by cewilson (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, looking for a solution or script to remove a user from all Online/O365/AAD groups. The article I found is not working anymore and also I didn't found any script in your repository. Thanks!

asked Jul 21, 2023 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,683 users