0 votes

Backup Process

The backup is done by running "Softerra.Adaxes.BackupRestore.exe tool" to automate the backup, what do you recommend?

2) In case of restoring a backup, does the SQL server log also come back automatically or need some configuration?

by (550 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

The backup is done by running "Softerra.Adaxes.BackupRestore.exe tool" to automate the backup, what do you recommend?

To automate the process, you can use command line. For details, have a look at section To back up or restore configuration via command line of the following help article: https://www.adaxes.com/help/?HowDoI.Man ... ation.html. For information on the command line parameters, see https://www.adaxes.com/help/?HowDoI.Man ... dLine.html.

In case of restoring a backup, does the SQL server log also come back automatically or need some configuration?

Logging configuration (e.g. external database settings) is included into the backup, there is no need to configure anything specific for this purpose.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I would like to backup Adaxes on a regular basis with a powershell script. I have a script that works well but I need to run it as a Scheduled Task. During ... started. What additional permissions would I need to give the service account to perform a backup?

asked Jul 24, 2020 by ComputerHabit (790 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I want to ensure I retain a configuration backup but do not want to put the service accounts password in a script. Is it possible to secure the password with powershell ... .bak" -l "C:\Scripts\$($date)AdaxesBackup.log" -u $mycreds.UserName $mycreds.Password

asked Jul 8, 2020 by ComputerHabit (790 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi All, I have been attempting to create a backup of our Adaxes setup so I can upgrade to 2020.1. When running the backup exe either from command line or gui I hit ... 2015/ReleaseNotes.htm but that suggests to add it in group policy which it is. Any ideas?

asked Jul 7, 2020 by antondubek (440 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi Just upgraded to 2018.1 Seems that backing up the web interface works differently than in 2017.2? How do I back up my web configuration now ? Thanks in advance!

asked Jul 4, 2018 by pafa (500 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Adaxes was uninstalled by one of our techs while trying to troubleshoot the Adaxes service not starting. Unfortunately, we had not yet taken a backup using the service back ... back up? Is there a specific location the configuration files are stored? Thanks.

asked May 5, 2017 by leadbelly (150 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,982 users