0 votes

I have a powershell custom command that retrieves the LAPS password from AD for a specified computer. This allows us to run the query in the Adaxes context and delegate it to support staff by OU.

Is there any way to copy the resulting password to the clipboard? We find that even in the adaxes website, the results popup window will not let you copy from it.

#Viewing a password using the LAPS PowerShell module.
$logmessage = Get-AdmPwdPassword -Computername '%name%' | Select-Object ComputerName, Password, ExpirationTimeStamp | Out-String -Stream
foreach ($logline in $logmessage) { if ($logline -ne '') { $Context.LogMessage($logline, "Information") } }

by (430 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (270k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Yes, it is possible. You can output the required information into the Execution log using the $Context.LogMessage method (as your script does) and then copy it after the command execution. You just need to select the text in the Execution log and then click Ctrl+C or right-click the selected text and click Copy in the context menu.

When I run this in the adaxes admin console it works, but not in a browser. I wonder if there is some security setting in the browsers or possibly the adaxes web interface?

We have tried this in several browsers (chrome/firefox/edge), and it won't allow us to copy/paste.

I also tried using powershell to copy to the clipboard but that doesn't work either.

Hello,

There are no limits in Adaxes that might prevent you from copying text from the Execution Log. Maybe, there are such limits in web browsers, however, we were not able to reproduce the behavior.

Most probably, the behavior occurs because the text is not actually selected. For example, if you click a text in the Execution Log, it is not selected and the Copy option will not be available in the context menu.

For the option to be available, you need to make sure that the text is selected and then right-click it to Copy.

Thanks, we did not differentiate between clicking to select and highlight the text. That works.

We really like Adaxes for allowing help desk access to elevated powershell commands in our AD and O365. It would be nice if a future version improved the custom command/powershell display/output.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

How do you add a custom attribute to the search results? Version 2017.2 / 3.8.14823.0

asked Nov 12, 2018 by hgletifer (1.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi team, I have a follow up to this question https://www.adaxes.com/questions/14234/business-after-adding-members-powershell-script-executed Let me explain my setup A rule- ... area% failed due to the following exception: $($_.Exception.Message)", "Error") }

asked Feb 13 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, When we add custom command action in UI, when a user selects 1 or more users for that custom commands, is there a way to integrate those selected users as input value into that custom command script and take action on those users.

asked Feb 5 by Renugopal (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer

If I have created an custom command i would like to find where this CC is used (linked) in Adaxes (used in Scheduked Task and so on). How can a general find references ... report where I can find all the Linked Objects that I have created by myself in Adaxes ?

asked Jun 1, 2023 by Beat Ott (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We currently have a form for HR to deal with ex-employees that are hired once more, but it's not much more than automatic emails sent to IT. If I add some actions ... this trigger the business rule we have that targets "After updating a user" ? Thanks, Louis

asked Oct 18, 2022 by lw.fa (130 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users