0 votes

Hi,

We had a configuration in which we would direct traffic to either the admin area or the selfservice area based on the url for example:

selfservice.domain.tld would go to selfservice
admin.domain.tld would go to admin

now with the new application this no longer works. I struggled for a few hours to create a set of URL rewriting rules in IIS but this failed to provide a consistent and reliable experience.

Would it be possible to get some guidance on how to do this?

I would also like to keep the URLs really clean so ideally we wouldn't be seeing /adaxes/selfservice/ or /adaxes/admin/ it would be great if the urls directed straight to the "root" of the respective application

by (50 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

I would also like to keep the URLs really clean so ideally we wouldn't be seeing /adaxes/selfservice/ or /adaxes/admin/ it would be great if the urls directed straight to the "root" of the respective application

You will need to change the Physical Path of the web site that hosts Adaxes Web Interface in IIS to C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Web Interface\App and create a new web site that will host Adaxes Web Interface Configurator. To do so:

1. Launch Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
  2. In the Connections pane, expand the server that hosts Adaxes Web Interface and then expand Sites.
  3. Select the web site that hosts Adaxes Web Interface and click Advanced settings in the Actions pane on the right.
  4. In the Physical Path field, specify C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Web Interface\App and click OK.
  5. Delete the AdaxesConfig application from the web site.
  6. Create a new web site and specify C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Web Interface\Configurator in the Physical Path field for it.
  7. Under the new site, create a new application (e.g. AdaxesConfig) with C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Web Interface\Configurator in the Physical Path.

now with the new application this no longer works. I struggled for a few hours to create a set of URL rewriting rules in IIS but this failed to provide a consistent and reliable experience.

Starting from Adaxes 2018.1, there is only one directory for all the Web Interfaces and thus there is no possibility to configure redirects to each Web Interface separately. As a solution, we recommend you to configure redirect rules for the Common Sign In page. In this case when a user enters their credentials, they will be automatically directed to the corresponding Web Interface. To specify the rules for automatic redirection:

1. Open Adaxes Web interface Configurator.
  2. In the top left corner, select Common Sign In.
  3. In the left pane, click Target Web Interface.
  4. In the Target Web Interface Selection section, select Automatic.
  5. Select Redirect based on rules.
  6. Click Add Rule below and specify redirection conditions. For example:
  7. Save the changes.

If for example, an Admin needs access to the Help Desk Web Interface, they will be able to move to it from My Menu when signed in to another Web interface.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Can anyone provide the instructions contain in the now broken link? I realize new Adaxes doesn't require this, but still have an older install that doesn't allow manual override via GUI. Thanks.

asked Oct 13, 2022 by okiad (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have updated adaxes from version 2021.1 to 2021.1 update 3. After that, my favorite links to the report "Password expiration" in Adaxes Administration Console stopped ... the links do not have to be recreated after an upgrade? Thanks and greetings Dominik

asked Apr 21, 2021 by pudong (670 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi Because we are in the process of integrating a new company, we need to create their new users in their old domain and then migrate across using ADMT. Once migrated, ... running. Would the business rules be classed as part of the scheduled task? Thanks Matt

asked Sep 11, 2017 by chappers77 (2.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

I am trying to customize the enrollment pop up page to specify the number format need, but I cannot for the life of me find the file or location where I can edit the html code needed to say this on the enrollment page, is this even possible?

asked Apr 10, 2023 by gwadmin (80 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I've read this article; https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_WebInterfaceCustomization_CustomizeHelpAndSupportLinks.htm?appView=1 However, it doesn't tell me how to add or remove columns from ... by the Quick Search. I'd like to add EmployeeId. thanks, Nate

asked Apr 10, 2022 by nate2 (90 points)
3,345 questions
3,046 answers
7,766 comments
544,960 users