0 votes

Hi

Version 2018.2.Update 1

Option is missing on View OrganizationalUnits Views Actions.
It's there for ditto groups and users.

Said in another way - the option is selected by default, leaving out the possibility NOT to display within a box.

- Thanks

by (2.6k points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

This behavior is by design. The Display the view within the dialog box of the action checkbox is displayed in the View action settings only for types of objects that are not marked as containers for the Web Interface (e.g. users, groups, etc.). For details, see https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_WebInt ... ainertypes. For objects, that are marked as containers the option is not displayed.

Hi

If I remove the marking, it's not possible to browse the containers.
Thats okay, but I really can't see why this container setting should influence the visual editing/viewing of that type of object ??

- Thanks

Hello,

When you are viewing an object marked as container in Adaxes Web Interface, the main Web Interface view displays child objects of the object no matter of its type. In case of an object that is not marked as container, properties of the object are displayed. This applies to all object types, meaning that if you clear the Container checkbox for Organizational Unit Object type, you will not be able to see objects located in OUs. The Web Interface will only display properties of OUs.

The dialog box of the View <Object> action is designed specifically to display properties of objects (including containers). Trying to display container objects via the action in the main Web Interface view would lead to logical issues as the main Web Interface view displays child objects for containers while the action has to display properties of the selected object.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Dear Support Admin Hi, I hope you are in good health. I have a problem regarding the office 365 license my problem is: I have a case where if HR adds a new AD user, ... Is that possible to do? for example using a script or display it in another form? Thank you

asked Mar 4, 2022 by systech (100 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is it possible for the approval email to display the picture? I've been unable to find the configuration panel for this process. Attached is the message we receive.

asked Mar 2, 2020 by kcd (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

How do change the display name of a custom attribute in version 2017.2? All the information I am finding contains links that bring me to 2018 version

asked Nov 1, 2018 by hgletifer (1.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

My scheduled task works like this (these are my action sets) Condition(s): Account is expired and home drive exists Action The user's home directory gets archived Condition(s): ... set? I do not want to split the scheduled task into two! Thanks in avance!

asked Apr 7, 2022 by lehnen (20 points)
0 votes
0 answers

I am trying to find a way to create Groups based off an OU and a list of options (check boxes) within the portal For example: Select the Target OU to add groups ... 3 - Remote Administrators Option 3 - Remote Developers Option 4 - Readers Option 4 - Writers

asked Sep 11, 2020 by dknapp (100 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,991 users