0 votes

Hello,

I am trying to get adaxes to send out 2 seperate emails to the new users manager with the account username in one and the password in the other. I thought sending an email notification with the To feild set as '%adm-ManagerEmail% but this returns the following error:

Resolving value references in the notification recipient address '%adm-ManagerEmail%' resulted in an empty string.

The manager feild is complete on the user we are testing with. Am I missing something basic here?

Regards

by (70 points)

Hello Wayne,

Could you, please, post here or send us (support[at]adaxes.com) a screenshot of the Business Rule you have configured? We need something like the following:

Also, could you make sure that the account specified as manager for new the user has the Email property populated?

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I have emailed the requested screen shots. I can also confirm the managers email is populated.

Regards

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for the provided details.

According to the screenshots, you have the email notifications being sent in the same Scheduled Task that imports new user accounts. As the task is configured for Organizational Unit object type, the manager email is taken from the manager of the OU, not from the new user. As long as OUs do not have the Manager property, value reference %adm-ManagerEmail% resolves into an empty value. To remedy the issue, you need to move the actions that send the notifications from your Scheduled Task to the Business Rule triggering After Creating a User.

Hello,

I have tried this again as part of the business rule, I do not get any errors when I run it from here but also no email is sent, I am set as the manager for the test user and do not receive an email. Other email opperations within adaxes are working fine.

Hello Wayne,

For troubleshooting purposes, please, do the following:

1. Move both Send e-mail notification actions to the Business Rule triggering After Creating a User (make sure you save the changes).
  2. Make a test import.
  3. Make a backup of your configuration and email it (support[at]adaxes.com) to us: https://www.adaxes.com/help/?HowDoI.Man ... ation.html.
    To not include credentials, please, do not select the Back up credentials checkbox on step 2 of the wizard.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I'm trying to modify mailbox settings to add additional email addresses to a user after creation. This is a hybrid on-prem and Exchange Online with E5 licenses. Everything works up ... to a different OU during the process so I know the user exists. Any ideas?

asked Mar 6, 2023 by Michael Long (70 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Can I configure Adaxes service to send emails to HR staff after user creation and/or password change? I need this email to contain User Full Name (%username%) and password (is there a reference for this?)

asked Aug 23, 2011 by jmirks (180 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I’m looking for a way to take a unique number from Adaxes and use part of it to create an employee ID for the AD attribute field.

asked Dec 25, 2023 by cewilson (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I am trying to trigger processing outside of Active Directory when an account is created based on the source user account that was used. Does Adaxes store the source account anywhere?

asked Oct 9, 2023 by jnordell (20 points)
0 votes
0 answers

When attempting to assign licenses during the "after creating a user" rule we're reciving the following error. Failed to create a remote mailbox for the user. The address ' ... mail attribute to the proper format that isn't the onmicrosoft.com domain as well.

asked Sep 2, 2021 by zorps (20 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users