0 votes

Hi,

We are trailing Adaxes and wanted to find out how to enable Litigation Hold on a user mailbox at the time of a new user creation. We are in a hybrid setup and are running a powershell script to enable remote mailbox onto O365 in the Business Rule.

by (100 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

We are in a hybrid setup and are running a powershell script to enable remote mailbox onto O365 in the Business Rule.

You do not need a script for that. Adaxes creates remote mailboxes automatically when an Office 365 license containing Exchange Online is assigned to a user.

how to enable Litigation Hold on a user mailbox at the time of a new user creation

Add the Modify Exchange properties action to your Business Rule. To do that:

1. Right-click the Activate an Office 365 account action and click Add New Action.
  2. Select Modify Exchange properties and then click the Exchange Properties button.
  3. Activate the Mailbox Features tab and select both checkboxes in front of Litigation Hold.
  4. Select the Litigation hold duration (days) checkbox, enter the required duration and then click OK.
    -or-
    Just click OK to set unlimited litigation hold.
  5. Click OK twice.
  6. Save the changes. The Business Rule should look like the following:

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I was wondering if you can assist me with the following: We are in the process of migrating user mailboxes from our on-premises Exchange to Exchange Online and we would ... -a-user for new users but again, can that be filtered per type of license?

asked Feb 19, 2020 by Th4n0s (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We're working on migrating to Office 365, and have a few questions. We use Ad Sync to sync our users and groups to Office 365. Part of our Deprovisioning needs to ... here? Will the user be moved and mailbox cleaned up before Litigation Hold ever takes affect?

asked Jun 6, 2017 by rurbaniak (1.4k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hey Support, Were in the process of just spinning up Adaxes 2014.1 in our environment, and I'm working on build the employee off boarding custom command and can get ... mailbox on litigation hold through Outlook 365's web portal it's so slow. Thanks!

asked Jul 30, 2014 by Ben.Burrell (490 points)
0 votes
1 answer

During the creation of a new user I want to be able to select the job title from a drop-down list which populates different values based on which Department is selected. Is there a way to achieve this? Thanks. Dario.

asked Oct 2, 2020 by winstonsmith (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I am trying to see if I can implement this in Adaxes somehow to support role-based provisioning to external apps (using appropriate Powershell scripts) but struggling to work ... to invest in a full-blown role-based provisioning platform (would rather not!).

asked Dec 24, 2019 by Bernie (310 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,681 users