0 votes

With Windows Server 2008 going EOL I am working to migrate Adaxes to a new server. Currently, we have Adaxes installed on a server with another tool we use. As part of the migration I am going to put Adaxes on its own server. Because of this, the new server will have a new host name and IP address. From looking at some instructions for server migrations it looks like I backup the Service and Web Interface configurations, install Adaxes on the new server, and restore those configurations on the new server. Now since the server name and IP are changing I am assuming there is more to it than those steps due to the changes. Wanted to see if I could get more detailed migration steps based on my situation.

Also, I am planning on using Windows Server 2019. Are there any concerns with using this OS as it is so new?

by (130 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Now since the server name and IP are changing I am assuming there is more to it than those steps due to the changes. Wanted to see if I could get more detailed migration steps based on my situation.

According to your description, the migration steps are correct. However, here are the recommended steps in details:

If you are using Adaxes 2018.1 or later, you can install Adaxes on a new server sharing common configuration with the existing instance, wait for the replication to complete, uninstall Adaxes from the current server and then activate your license key on the new server.

If you are using Adaxes 2017.2 or older:

1. Backup your Adaxes Web Interface configuration using Adaxes Web Interface Customization tool.
  2. Install Adaxes on a new server sharing common configuration with the existing instance.
  3. Wait for replication to complete.
  4. Uninstall Adaxes from the current server.
  5. Activate your license key on the new server: https://www.adaxes.com/help/?HowDoI.Man ... cense.html.
  6. Restore your Adaxes Web Interface configuration on the new server using Adaxes Web Interface Customization tool.

The only change that will happen is that after migration, you will need to use the host name of the new server to access Adaxes Web Interface .

Also, I am planning on using Windows Server 2019. Are there any concerns with using this OS as it is so new?

Adaxes should work just fine on Windows Server 2019.

So essentially we set it up as a shared configuration, but get rid of the original server's install once we confirm the new server is setup properly? Also, we are on Adaxes 2018.1. For that, we do not need to manually restore the Adaxes Web Interface configuration as needs to be done for Adaxes 2017.2? Will the replication carry over all service and web interface configurations?

Hello,

So essentially we set it up as a shared configuration, but get rid of the original server's install once we confirm the new server is setup properly?

Yes.

Also, we are on Adaxes 2018.1. For that, we do not need to manually restore the Adaxes Web Interface configuration as needs to be done for Adaxes 2017.2?

Yes, the Web Interface configuration will also be replicated to the new server without manual backup/restore.

Will the replication carry over all service and web interface configurations?

Yes.

Hello, thanks!

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Is there a way to migrate complete Adaxes config to a new server including all Web configs etc.? We are running version 2020.1 on MS Server 2012R2 and want to ... old server. Both ways worked for adaxes service but not for webconfigs/interfaces. Thanks Martin

asked Aug 10, 2020 by MartinB (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, currently we have an Exchange 2019 Server in Hybrid configuration with Exchange Online. During our user onboarding a mailbox for the user is being created by a ... Remote-Mailboxes in this scenario for newly created AD-Users? Thanks and KR Christian

asked 1 day ago by User0815 (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are attempting to update from 2021.1 version 3.14.20916.0 to the most current version - 3.14.21404.0. We have two servers in a multiserver configuration once ... Adaxes Service reverts to the previous server that no longer exists and displays the error.

asked Sep 1, 2023 by awooten (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We will be migrating from the default logging in the SQL Express database to a fully licenses MS SQL Server database. We would like for the existing logs to be ported over as well.

asked Dec 28, 2022 by bsteele (90 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello again, I am planning the upgrade to 2013.2, but I would like to do it to a new server. The documentation is about using the same server (http://www.adaxes.com ... would like to have the current one migrated (SQL Settings). Thank you very much in advance

asked Nov 25, 2013 by Pierre (750 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,982 users