0 votes

I'm trying to replace a bunch of tools we use and pay maintenance on and one of them is a simple user directory lookup/listing tool that also allows modification of your own details. I can deal with the self modification by using the self service portal but I'm facing a challenge creating a simple listing of users with some specific details all on the same screen (I don't want to have to select a user and click next to view the details this will annoy users who are used to it being on the same view).

For example I'd like to either click view users from the "home page" or ideally go to a specific link (we can provide the link to it for them so it can be ugly) that immediately displays a list of users and shows their photo, display name, department, telephone, and mobile.

I was able to get a user list to display but it only shows name, parent info, and description and then allows me to choose columns. These columns are not saved though or part of the url if I even hit reload it resets them. If I then select the user and hit next it shows me the details I asked for..

I know this might be a bit out of the scope but I'm hoping there is a way to do what I want?

by (70 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Craig,

This is absolutely in the scope of Adaxes and there is quite an easy way to achieve what you need using Business Units. For information on how to create a Business Unit, have a look at the following help article: https://www.adaxes.com/help/?ManageBusi ... sUnit.html. You can use multiple membership rules to include/exclude users from different locations, groups, etc.

There is currently no possibility to specify default columns for a Business Unit. The feature will be available in the next major release. Currently, you can configure the columns generally for a Web Interface and the setting will affect Business Units. For details, see https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_WebInt ... tLists.htm.
Once you create a Business Unit, you need to enable displaying it in the Web Interface Home Page. To do so:

1. Launch Adaxes Web Interface Customization Tool.
  2. Select the interface type.
  3. Select Business Units pane on the General tab.

After that, you need to get the link for your users. To do so:

1. Sign in to the Web Interface.
  2. On the Home Page, click the Business Unit you have created.
  3. Copy the link from the browser address bar.

Once a user follows the link, they will only need to sign in to the Web interface and the Business Unit contents will be displayed.

Hello Craig,

The new version of Adaxes that allows specifying default columns for Business Units is available. You can download it here.

Default columns can be specified during Business Unit creation and modified later. For information on how to create Business Units in Adaxes 2018.1, have a look at the following tutorial: https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_Active ... tively.htm.
To modify default column settings for an existing Business Unit:

1. Launch Adaxes Administration Console.
  2. In the Console Tree, expand the service node.
  3. Navigate to Configuration\Business Units.
  4. Right-click the Business Unit you need and click Edit in the context menu.
  5. Activate the Columns tab.
  6. Specify which columns will be visible by default for the Business Unit, configure sorting and grouping options.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

It's possible to integrate ADAXES with HR Solution to create user in active directory ?

asked Feb 14, 2020 by babid (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I want to make a custom field in which you can select a person from the active directory, is this possible? For example, as in the field manager

asked Nov 18, 2022 by Alvares (100 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi When reading the REST API documentation it does not mention working directly against Azure AD and Exchange Online. Will this be added? Thanks /Peter Sonander

asked Jan 26, 2023 by Sonander (40 points)
0 votes
0 answers

I am trying to find a way to create Groups based off an OU and a list of options (check boxes) within the portal For example: Select the Target OU to add groups ... 3 - Remote Administrators Option 3 - Remote Developers Option 4 - Readers Option 4 - Writers

asked Sep 11, 2020 by dknapp (100 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello! Is there a way to clear the AD attribute "thumbnailPhoto" with a checkbox property? I wanted to implement a checkbox in the mask "Modify user" and if the box is checked, clear the attribute. How do I implement this? Much appreciated, Marco

asked Apr 21, 2022 by marco_jandl (60 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,986 users