0 votes

We are trying to enforce better consistency for user attribute values in a domain but without overly restricting user input when modifying/creating users. Is it possible to have a property pattern function the same way the Custom Command Drop-down list UI Control works? In that you have a variety of pre-defined List Items but can still Allow custom value.

Example:
The User Attribute "Office" could have "Site 1", "Site 2" or "Site 3" in the drop down list but allow a user to enter in a custom string value if need be.

The only way I can see currently is we prevent write-access to these fields and create Custom Commands to change them which is very tedious.

by (350 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (270k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is currently no such possibility. However, we have the feature in our roadmap: https://www.adaxes.com/info_roadmap.htm.

For now, you can use Custom Commands with parameters to set values for such properties.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We have a form to used by our HR Reps to create non-employee records. There are two fields on the form that are auto-generated via a property pattern: Full Name ( ... changed to cause this new behavior? Nothing has changed with our property pattern set-up...

asked Aug 30, 2016 by sandramnc (870 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, as the subject indicates I created a form within Adaxes using adm-CustomAttributeText to display various DropDown fields. My question is, is it possible to somehow link a ... fields to create a group and if so how should it look like? Regards Ingemar

asked Feb 13, 2014 by ijacob (960 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello - I have configured some custom property patterns for office location and Department and am seeing a drop down list when attempting to create a new user limited to the ... down list. Is this therefore only limited to some AD attributes and not others ?

asked Mar 21, 2017 by cdsouza (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Dear Support, Is it possible in "generate default value" section of pattern for multivalued attribute to provide more than 1 value from "must be one of" section? E.g. Pattern ... E" and to have default generated values in web interface "A,C" Thanks for advise!

asked Jul 7, 2020 by Dmytro.Rudyi (920 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I have trouble understanding the instruction listed here: https://www.adaxes.com/script-repositor ... s-s516.htm What should I put into $propertyForSearch and ... Since Adaxes is not the only system adding new locations to AD. Thank you.

asked Jul 4, 2019 by DLe (760 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,679 users