0 votes

I have a field (Extension attribute 13) tha automatically populates or removes the data dependant on another field.

Then in the forms and views I have created the field in the view so we can see the field however as it is automatically populated I haven't added it to the create or modify forms because I do not want the users to change it.

My question is is it possible to add the field to the create or modify form but to make it read only for the user?

by (100 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Kevin,

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to add a property to the Create form as read-only. As for the Modify form, you can add the field to the form the same way as you added it to the View form. To make the property read-only, you need to deny the write permission for the property via a Security Role. To create the role:

1. Launch Adaxes Administration Console.
  2. In the Console Tree, right-click your Adaxes service.
  3. In the context menu, navigate to New and click Security Role.
  4. On the step 2 of the Create Security Role wizard, click Add.
  5. Select User object type.
  6. In the Property-specific permissions section, select Allow Read ‘Extension Attribute 13’ Property and Deny Write ‘Extension Attribute 13’ Property.
  7. Click OK.
  8. Click Next and finish creating the Security Role. The role should look like the following:

Great thanks for the info

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Create user, read only field In user creation I would like the logon name field and a few others to be read-only, is it possible? In the example of logon name, the technician ... for the field to be "gray" it sees but does not change. https://imgur.com/7DnQGtM

asked Apr 3, 2019 by user1928 (550 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I added the Password last set field to the Admin view but when I click on edit it allows the admin user to change the value. Adaxes correclty handel Bad Password time and Bad password ... last set, so I guest there is a way but I can not find it. Thanks you

asked Dec 19, 2019 by tomlaf (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, Can I change a field name in the Web Interface form? I want some fields to be displayed with other names than the attributes are actually called.

asked Jun 29, 2011 by jmirks (180 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have made a deprovision custom command. I cannot change the attribute directReports, so was thinking - i could take the people in the directReports field of the manager ... (and its subordinates) that im running the deprovision custom command from. Any tips?

asked Mar 21 by EdgarsABG (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is there a way to configure the module "Member of" in a "View user"-action as purely read only? As it stands now we are able to navigate to a seperate viewing page ... needs write-access to AD, we can't specify purely read-rights via the security role either.

asked Mar 8 by Handernye (50 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,683 users