0 votes

We want to, on a monthly basis, sent out an email to the managers in our company.

In this mail we want to inform them of the users they are managers for in Active Directory, and list their names, departments, job titles etc..(like a Excel spreadsheet or similar)

We also want the managers to easily approve whether these users are still active (and employed), and if they are not, disable them through Adaxes, or have Adaxes send a mail to our it-helpdesk who then will decomission the user through normal proces (also Adaxes)

Im looking for some inspiration on how to configure this as simpel as possible in Adaxes...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

by (500 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

You can use built-in report Subordinates of user. For information on how to schedule the report, have a look at the following tutorial: https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_Active ... eports.htm.

Hello,

Once a manager receives the report, they can click a user in the list and view it in Adaxes Web Interface. The Disable account operation is available in the left pane by default.

If you want managers to send a notification to Help Desk to decommission the user, you need to create a Custom Command. The command will also be available in the left pane with other operations.

Simply fantastic! Thanks a lot! :)

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

When we get a user from AD we want to perform some checks and display errors to the service desk staff. eg. if userprincipalname is not equal to a custom attribute show ... GroupA and custom attribute2 is not a specific value show an error. is this possible?

asked Apr 13, 2023 by i*windows (260 points)
0 votes
1 answer

A service desk user has encountered an error when trying to access shared mailbox delegation. "Send As" is visible however "Full Access" displays red text stating "Failed to get ... error. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to rectify it?

asked Nov 11, 2022 by Homelander90 (330 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We'll be updating over 14K accounts with data (adding data to a virtual attribute) using a scheduled task but I don't want the updates to trigger Business Rules and flood the Adaxes log with entries. Is there an easy way to prevent this?

asked Apr 12, 2022 by sandramnc (870 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, Do you have some references of customers using MIM or other products as identity's source ?

asked Jun 9, 2021 by pierre.saucourt (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi there, i know the multiple ways of copying the user groups - or all of them within the user creation wizard. I want to copy only a couple of groups ... is it possible to create an approval operation out of an powershellscript? Kind regards, Constantin

asked May 27, 2021 by Constey (190 points)
3,346 questions
3,047 answers
7,782 comments
544,982 users