0 votes

One of the features I noticed being called out in the 2019 update was the ability to control some Skype for Business attributes for a user.

Looking at users in my environment, I don't see those options exposed. Are these features only for Skype for Business on prem? If it can be used to manage online users, what admin roles are required on Office 365?

by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

One of the features I noticed being called out in the 2019 update was the ability to control some Skype for Business attributes for a user.

As we understand, you mean the enhancement of the Enable for Skype for Business action for automated workflows. It includes the ability to assign the Dial plan and Voice policies when enabling users for Skype for Business using the action.

Looking at users in my environment, I don't see those options exposed. Are these features only for Skype for Business on prem? If it can be used to manage online users, what admin roles are required on Office 365?

Yes, the action can only be used for Skype for Business on-premise.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Currently getting this error when enabling a user for Skype for Business: No cmdlets have been authorized for use by the RBAC role that the user belongs ... minimum required permissions that the Adaxes account needs to manage Skype for Business functionality?

asked Dec 16, 2021 by thedoo (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

"Connecting to remote server <<FQDN Servername>> failed with the following error message : The server certificate on the destination computer (<<FQDN servername: ... ? This may help to diagnose the issue with schannel on the skype server.

asked Mar 5, 2020 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi! Is there a way to have ADAxess move mailboxes to a new Exchange server/store if the user becomes Skype for Business enabled ? The logic would be something that if the mailbox is ... already are SFB enabled but not moved, but does it one by one .... /Kaj

asked Sep 7, 2017 by KajLehtinen (650 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have the Skype for business Basic working correctly in Adaxes. However we need add to the server and grant specific options (screen sharing). We ... " -PolicyName MyPersistentChatPolicy # Assign a Persistent Chat Policy Remove-PSSession -Session $session

asked Jan 2, 2017 by willy-wally (3.2k points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are looking for a way to allow AD users to manage group memberships of groups they have been set as Manager for - and would like to know if we can achieve this with Adaxes? We are thinking a easy to use web portal.

asked Apr 17 by Nicolaj Rasmussen (20 points)
3,348 questions
3,049 answers
7,791 comments
545,057 users