0 votes

Hello,

I got a clear request from our Service Desk "for all modifing actions" we need a ticket number.
That means I'm looking for a way to pop-up a small screen to ask for the ticket number before creation/deletion/modify/enable/disable ...
But until now - I was not able to find a solution. :cry:

Many thanks,
Horst

by (460 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (270k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Horst,

There is no possibility to have a pop-up window like you described. As a solution, you can use a property to store the ticket number which will be added to each form (Create, Edit, etc.). We recommend using one of Adaxes custom attributes (e.g. CustomAttributeText1). For users not to leave the property empty, you need to make it required using Property Patterns. For details, have a look at the following tutorial: https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_Simpli ... Format.htm. For information on how to modify the forms for user creation and editing for Adaxes Web Interfaces, see https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_WebInt ... diting.htm.
Also, you might need to specify a display name for the property (e.g. Ticket Number). For information on how to do so, have a look at the following help article: https://www.adaxes.com/help/?HowDoI.Man ... Names.html.

Hi,

thanks for your fast response.
For your solution we would habe to createa form for each action!
Even for the default actions like "Delete Account".
That make not sense for me.

But that means our helpdesk will not use ADAXES and I have to look for anther tool :cry:

Nevertheless, many thanks.

Hello Horst,

As we understand, you need to specify a ticket number for each property value modification or any other action. Unfortunately, there is no such possibility.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I would like to ensure that before a computer object is moved in Adaxes, the user must enter a ticket number, and after the input, the PC is moved to ... prompts the user to enter a ticket number before the move/delete operation? Kind regards, Fabian

asked Mar 20 by fabian.p (150 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, We need to be able to put the ticket number into the custom command 'Deprovision'. Action -> Modify the user: set description to [ ... deprovision process set adminDescription with ticket number run Custom Command 'Deprovision' regards Helmut

asked Oct 14, 2020 by a423385 (510 points)
0 votes
1 answer

What permissions are required, other than Domain Admin, to edit the Adaxes configuration (business rules, property patterns, custom commands, etc.) in the console and the edit the web portal configurations in the AdaxesConfig web site?

asked Dec 6, 2019 by RickWaukCo (320 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We're looking at enabling the Lync support in Adaxes, but current it cannot find the pool\registrar servers etc. I assume this is related to missing privileges (we don't run with Domain Admin rights); do you have a list of the minimum rights required? Thanks

asked Jan 10, 2014 by firegoblin (1.6k points)
0 votes
1 answer

I would like to delete users that have been disabled for more then X number of days. This would be a phase of our deprovisioning process. The user is first disabled and placed ... we are sure that we no longer need it, I would like to automaticially delete it.

asked Oct 13, 2022 by rmedeiros (380 points)
3,326 questions
3,026 answers
7,727 comments
544,678 users