Can I define a default cursor position in a Web UI

General discussion of using Adaxes for Active Directory management and administration
sandramnc

Can I define a default cursor position in a Web UI

Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:48 am

I have a Web interface that has a Modify action on the Home page. It opens another page that allows the user to either Choose an object to modify or perform a quick search. The issue is that the page loads without the cursor being placed in either of the two visible fields so the user has to take an additional step to click into one of the fields. Is there a way to define a default cursor position when a page loads?

Support2

Re: Can I define a default cursor position in a Web UI

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:10 am

Hello Sandra,

When you run the action, by default, the cursor is placed in the search field. Unfortunately, there is no possibility to change this behavior. However, it is possible to use the down/up buttons on the keyboard to navigate through the objects list (also after entering search criteria) and then press Enter to proceed with modifying the selected object.
Active Directory Identity Management

Follow Adaxes in social networks
Image Image Image

sandramnc

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:40 am

In my case, the cursor is not placed in the Search field. It's not present at all when the page loads. The user has to physically click into a field for the cursor to display.

Support2

Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:06 am

Hello Sandra,

Do we understand correctly that you are using Adaxes version 2017.2 or earlier? If that is so, this behavior is by design and, unfortunately, there is no possibility to change it.

The behavior we described in the previous post was implemented in Adaxes 2018.1.
Active Directory Identity Management

Follow Adaxes in social networks
Image Image Image

sandramnc

Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:20 am

Yes, we are using Adaxes version 2017.2.

Thank you!

• Information