Modify Remote Desktop Services Settings in Bulk
Adaxes gives you the ability to configure the Remote Desktop Services settings for multiple users in one operation. In Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services settings are configured via the Remote Desktop Services Settings property of user objects. Adaxes allows you to use value references (e.g. %username%) when editing this property. This allows you to, for example, set the Remote Desktop Services Profile path for multiple users using a template like '\\SERVER\%department%\%username%'.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to change Remote Desktop Services settings for multiple users using the Add/Modify Property wizard or the Properties dialog.
Launch Adaxes Administration Console and select the users, for which you want to change Remote Desktop Services settings. Right-click the selection and select Add/Modify Property in the context menu.
- If all users you need are located in one OU or Business Unit, select this OU or Business Unit in the Console Tree and then select users in the Result Pane (located to the right).
- If the users are located in different OUs or in different AD domains, you can add these users to the Basket and then select them there. To add a user to the Basket, right-click this user and click Add to Basket in the context menu or just drag'n'drop this user to the Basket.
- Also, you can perform a directory search and then select the users you need in the search results.
In the Add/Modify Property wizard, select the Remote Desktop Services Settings property and click Next.
At the next step, click the Edit button embedded in the Property value field. In the Remote Desktop Services Settings dialog, specify the desired Remote Desktop Services settings. For example, specify a value for the Remote Desktop Services profile path in the TerminalServicesProfilePath field.
Click OK and then click Finish.
Alternatively, you can use the Properties dialog to change Remote Desktop Services settings for multiple users.
For example, to change the Remote Desktop Services profile path for multiple users, do the following:
- Select the users you need.
- Right-click the selection and click Properties in the context menu.
- In the dialog that opens, activate the Remote Desktop Profile tab.
- Select the Remote Desktop Services User Profile check box.
- Specify a value for the Remote Desktop Services profile path in the Profile Path field.
- Click Apply.
The %username% value reference will be replaced with the logon name of each user, so all users will get a unique profile path (e.g. \\SERVER\Profiles\johndoe).