Schedule Tasks for Active Directory Management
Using the Scheduled Tasks feature of Adaxes you can schedule various Active Directory management tasks to run automatically at predefined intervals. Scheduled Tasks are often used to automatically add or remove AD objects from groups, send e-mail notifications, clean inactive user and computer accounts from Active Directory, move objects between OUs based on certain policies, etc.
The tutorial includes step-by-step instructions on how to create a Scheduled Task in Adaxes.
Select the desired time or time interval and click Next.
If you want the Scheduled Task to be performed on user objects, select User in the Object type list, and click Next.
- Click the Add Action link.
- Select the action you need in the list.
- Configure action parameters and execution options.
- When finished, click OK.
Right-click the action set for which you want to add a condition, and click
Add Condition in the context menu.
- In the dialog that opens, select the condition type and specify condition options in the Condition Parameters section.
- Click OK.
When finished, click Next.
To specify on which AD objects the task will be executed, click Add.
All Objects - select if you want the task to be executed on all objects
of the specified type in all AD domains managed by your Adaxes service.
Specific Domain - select if you want the task to be executed on all objects of the
specified type within the AD domain you specify.
OU or Container - select if you want the task to be executed on the AD objects
located under the selected Organizational Unit or container.
Group - select if you want the task to be executed on the members of
the selected group.
- Business Unit - select a Business Unit if you want the task to be executed on the objects that belong to this Business Unit. To view available Business Units, select the Business Units item in the Look in drop-down list.
For example, if you want the task NOT to be executed on a specific user, do the following:
In the Object Types drop-down box, check the User object type.
- In the list of available AD objects, select the user you want to exclude.
- Click Add.
In the Assignment Options dialog that opens, select
the Exclude the selection option and click OK.
Scheduled Task Examples
Example 1 - Add all objects located under a specific Organizational Unit to a group.
Example 2 - Move user objects between OUs.
Example 3 - Update the Description property of user objects using a modification template.
Example 4 - Send email notifications to users with no mobile phone specified.