Configure Columns in Active Directory Object Lists
In the Adaxes Active Directory Web Interface, lists of Active Directory objects are displayed in grids. Information on objects in a grid is divided into columns that display object names and specific properties. Using the Column Chooser, users can choose, which columns to display in a grid.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to configure, which columns are displayed in the grids by default, and which columns can be selected by users with the help of the Column Chooser. Also, you will get to know how to set different column settings for each Web Interface component (Directory Search, Reports, Browsing, Basket, etc.).
To add a column to the list:
- Click the Add button located under the Available Columns list.
- Select an AD object property to be displayed in the column.
- Click OK. The newly added column will be available for users in the Column Chooser.
- In the Available Columns list, select the columns you need.
- Click the Delete button located under the Available Columns list.
If a column is not available in the Available Columns list, this column will never be displayed in the AD object grids, and users will not be able to add this column using the Column Chooser.
- In the Available Columns list, select the columns, for which you want to set specific settings.
- Select the Customize settings for the selected columns check box.
- Check the Web Interface component, for which you want to customize settings.
- To display the selected columns by default in the grid used in the selected Web
Interface component, select the Display by default item in the drop-down
The Display by default option is effective for a user, until this user changes visible columns using the Column Chooser.
- To disallow users to view the selected columns in the grid used in the selected
Web Interface component, select the Never display item.
If the Never display item is selected for a column, this column will never be displayed in the grid, and users will not be able to add this column using the Column Chooser.
You can customize column settings for the grids used in the following Web Interface components:
- Directory Search
The grid is used to display search results (Simple Search, Alphabetical Search, and Quick Search).
- Browsing AD
The grid is used to display child objects of the selected Organizational Unit or Container when browsing Active Directory.
- AD Reports
The grid is used to display results of Active Directory reports.
- Business Units
The grid is used to display members of a Business Unit.
The grid is used to display favorite Active Directory objects in the My Favorites tab.
The grid is used to display Active Directory objects located in the Basket.
- Selecting AD Objects
The grid is used to select the Active Directory objects to perform an operation on. For example, when you add members to a group, this grid is used to select new members.
- My Team Page
This grid is used to display the users you are the manager of. This grid is shown, when you click the My Team link in the My Panel section.
- My Department Page
This grid is used to display all users from your department. This grid is shown, when you click the My Department link in the My Panel section.
- My Managed Objects Page
This grid is used to display the Active Directory objects managed by you. This grid is shown, when you click the My Managed Objects link in the My Panel section.