0 votes

Hi

We are running version 2017.2 on Windows 2012 R2.

We have a complicated setup at the moment with o365 and on premise Exchange as well as different companies with different settings.
In order to automate user creation, I have created a new set of 13 business rules of which 5 or 6 will need to process for any given user object.

Each rule is set to apply after an object is moved and will in turn move the object to the next OU based on custom attributes.

I have tested the rules individually by having them disabled, enabling them and manually telling Adaxes to move the user object and they all seem to function OK, but when they are all enabled the rules get stuck after the first move of the user object.
I have managed to bypass this for the first move by telling the first rule to disable the object, setting a scheduled task to enable it again and changing the business rule to process after enabling an account, but this is not ideal for us and I would prefer not to have to do this for all of the rules.

Is this expected behaviour as far as Adaxes is concerned?
If so I can set the scheduled task to enable accounts under all of the relevant OU's every 5 minutes and modify each rule to process once an account is enabled, but I really don't want to have to re-create all the rules again so is there a way to modify the existing rules to run after enabling a user instead of after moving a user?

Thanks

Matt

by (2.0k points)

Hello Matt,

the rules get stuck after the first move of the user object.

What exactly you mean?

Also, could you post here or send us screenshots of some Business Rules configurations? We need something like the following:

Hi

Sorry, I'll explain the process better (and have sent in some screenshots - ticket 2018010310000066).

OU Structure
Provisioning
-Mk2Testing
--Email
---o365
---Exchange

Rules
Rule '0 - Manual SetUPN' sets the UPN before the user is created
Rule '1 - Manual' sets some custom attributes and moves the user to the email OU.
Rule '2 - Email Type' runs after a user is moved into the email OU, this rule moves the object to the o365 or Exchange OU based on a custom attribute
Rule '3 - Email & S4B o365' or rule '3 - Email & S4B Exchange' should then be run depending on the OU from the previous rule.

When creating a user, rule 1 works and it gets moved into the Email OU, but Rule 2 doesn't do anything and the object is not moved out of the Email OU.
If I change rule 2 to be an 'after enabling' the user, set rule 1 to disable the account and create a scheduled task to enable user accounts in the Email OU, the object does get moved to the next OU level, but then the relevant rule 3 doesn't process the account, so no mailbox / o365 account is created.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions

0 votes
0 answers

Adaxes Team, I have a Business rule that creates an e-mail address for a user automatically after their account has been created, but we are trying to exclude users with specific words in ... [Gg][Ee][Nn][Ee][Rr][Ii][Cc].* and similar for therapy, correct?

asked Jun 5, 2018 by bradenmcg (260 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Rule 1. we have a business rule which disables a user account after updating a user. It then does some other actions. Rule 2. we have a business rule which performs ... 2 then triggered immediately and the flow of control handed back to rule 1 to continue?

asked Apr 3 by i*windows (260 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi team, I have a follow up to this question https://www.adaxes.com/questions/14234/business-after-adding-members-powershell-script-executed Let me explain my setup A rule- ... area% failed due to the following exception: $($_.Exception.Message)", "Error") }

asked Feb 13 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I have a business rule setup to perform actions after user creation. First action is to run a powershell script which works and it sets a required AD attribute ( ... new user sits in the original OU and does not move Am i missing something here?

asked Feb 6 by Lewis (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I need to retreive a secret from a Azure Keyvault in a business rule. I have a powershell script that works if i run a external command. But it fails if ... at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 20 Any sugestion? Kind regards Reidar Dick-Henriksen

asked Dec 6, 2023 by reidardh (20 points)
3,351 questions
3,052 answers
7,791 comments
545,079 users