0 votes

Hello, we've begun testing office 365. Our servers are required to use a proxy for all connections to the outside world and I'm not sure how to configure Adaxes to use one for o365.

The Adaxes Service is configured to run as a specific domain user account. Configuring the proxy via Internet Properties from control panel while logged in as that domain user account, doesn't seem to help at all.

Any idea how we configure adaxes to use a proxy? We're currently using 2014.1.

Thanks.

by (350 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

Yes, it is possible. Adaxes uses the Azure AD Module for Windows PowerShell to connect to Office 365. Thus, you need to configure the module to connect to Office 365 via your proxy. To do this:

1. Open folder C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\MSOnline.

2. Create a file with the Config extension, for example, PowerShellModule.Config.

3. Open the file in a text editor, e.g. notepad.exe.

4. Paste the following text. This will force the module to use the default proxy settings configured under Control Panel \ All Control Panel items \ Internet Options.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<configuration>
     <configSections>
       <sectionGroup name="proxyGroup">
         <section name="basicProxy"
                  type="Proxy.Configuration.CustomProxySection, Proxy" />
       </sectionGroup>
     </configSections>

<system.net>
       <defaultProxy enabled="true" useDefaultCredentials="true">
         <module type="Proxy.CustomProxy, Proxy"/>
       </defaultProxy>
     </system.net>

<proxyGroup>   
       <basicProxy proxyHostAddress="Auto"/>
     </proxyGroup>
     </configuration>

5. If you want to use a custom proxy that is different from your Internet settings, you'll need to customize the proxy settings via the system.net\defaultProxy element of the file. See the following MSDN article for information on how to do that: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 10%29.aspx.

6. When done, save the file.

7. Restart Softerra Adaxes Service.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We have several Office 365 groups where the someone is an Owner but not a Member, and we'd like to give them the ability through the web interface to give them the ability ... option in the web interface to allow them to add or remove users via a custom task?

asked Nov 1, 2023 by PaulO (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi When reading the REST API documentation it does not mention working directly against Azure AD and Exchange Online. Will this be added? Thanks /Peter Sonander

asked Jan 26, 2023 by Sonander (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi In order to simplify the approval process for our users, I'm looking to move Adaxes approvals into Teams if possible. I see this working using the Azure Data Gateway ... , but I was wondering if this is anything anyone has already looked into? Thanks Matt

asked Sep 20, 2022 by chappers77 (2.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I'm trying to execute a custom command through a Powershell script, but I'm struggling to pass multiple values to an AD Object Picker parameter. ... , $NULL, $NULL, 0) $obj.ExecuteCustomCommand($command.CommandID, $commandArguments) Thanks in advance!

asked Nov 24, 2021 by KelseaIT (320 points)
0 votes
0 answers

As title indicates, searching or browsing a group doesnt show its members. However, when I choose a modify group function, for that same logged in user, the group members ... or explicit filters to viewing members that I can see. What could be causing this?

asked Nov 2, 2021 by manomano (80 points)
3,351 questions
3,052 answers
7,791 comments
545,079 users