0 votes

Does anyone know of a good method of finding the other computers in the current configuration set? I'm messing around with some logging features and I'd like to back up my exported logs by copying them to every server in the set, but I'd prefer to be able to dynamically ascertain that information rather than relying on a hardcoded collection.

by (50 points)

Hello,

Starting from Adaxes 2013.2, you can store log records in an external MS SQL database, and, unlike the built-in logging database, it can store log records from multiple Adaxes service. For more details, see Database for Logging. Are there any reasons why you cannot use an external database for storing log records from all your Adaxes services?

There is no real reason why we couldn't utilize an MSSQL db for logging. I might just give that a whirl. Thanks for the tip.

Back to the original question, is there a way to identify other servers in a configuration set via powershell?

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Update 2019

Starting with Adaxes 2019.1 you can check all the services sharing common configuration in the Administration console. For details, have a look at the following help article: https://www.adaxes.com/help/MultiServerEnvironment.

Original

Hello,

Here's a sample script that updates the Execution Log with DNS host names of all Adaxes services that belong to the same configuration set as the Adaxes service where the script is run. The script can be run as a part of a Business Rule, Custom Command or Scheduled Task.

$configurationSetSettingsPath = $Context.GetWellKnownContainerPath("ConfigurationSetSettings")
$configurationSetSettings = $Context.BindToObject($configurationSetSettingsPath)

$dnsHostNames = $configurationSetSettings.GetServicesDnsHostNames()

foreach ($dnsHostName in $dnsHostNames)
{
    $Context.LogMessage($dnsHostName, "Information")
}

Here's a version of the same script that outputs the DNS host names on the PowerShell console. To be able to run the script, you need to be logged in to Windows as an Adaxes Service Administrator.

[Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("Softerra.Adaxes.Adsi")

$admNS = New-Object("Softerra.Adaxes.Adsi.AdmNamespace")
$admService = $admNS.GetServiceDirectly("localhost")

$configurationSetSettingsPath = $admService.Backend.GetConfigurationContainerPath("ConfigurationSetSettings")
$configurationSetSettings = $admService.OpenObject($configurationSettingsPath, $NULL, $NULL, 0)

$dnsHostNames = $configurationSetSettings.GetServicesDnsHostNames()

Write-Host "Adaxes services that belong to the current configuration set:"
foreach ($dnsHostName in $dnsHostNames)
{
    Write-Host "`t$dnsHostName"
}

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

We can authenticate if we login to the machine hosting the service but if I have the client installed on my desktop, I can't authenticate with any ... .com/en-us/windows-server/security/credentials-protection-and-management/protected-users-security-group

asked Sep 12, 2022 by mark.it.admin (2.3k points)
0 votes
1 answer

I'm learning how to use the Adaxes powershell commands. I've tried searching for a group and that fails to find anything but the local domain. ... one domain. Get-AdmGroup -AdaxesService ADAXES01.domain.com -Credential $myCredentials -Identity Administrators

asked Jul 29, 2020 by ComputerHabit (790 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I thought I saw an option for this at some point but now I can't seem to find it (there is also the possibility I never did see such an option). Is it ... click in any find operations output to open the objects properties rather than "locate in tree"? Thanks

asked Jun 5, 2012 by bemho (520 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, How it works if I have multiple accounts in one domain, and other accounts in others domains managed by Adaxes ? Thank you. Regards. Pierre

asked Jun 9, 2021 by pierre.saucourt (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We want to automate the provisioning of skype users with adaxes. Therefore we installed the Skype module onto the adaxer server. Then we tried to utilise some commands in a ... . How can the Skype module be integrated for Adaxes? Thank you for your help.

asked Apr 23, 2020 by PGstoehl (100 points)
3,348 questions
3,049 answers
7,791 comments
545,052 users