0 votes

I need to move Adaxes from Win 2008 x86 to a Win 2008 R2 x64 server to take advantage of some of the O365 integration. What is the process to move everything over? Also, My SQL server is external, and will not be changing.

by (380 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

To perform the migration:

1. Back up the configuration of your Adaxes service. For information on how to do this, see Backup/Restore Service Configuration.
  2. If you are also moving Adaxes Web Interface, back up the Web Interface configuration. For information on how to do this, see Backup/Restore Web Interface Configuration.
  3. Uninstall Adaxes on the old server.
  4. Install Adaxes on the new server.
  5. Restore the configuration of your Adaxes service.
  6. If necessary, also restore the Web Interface configuration.

Also, My SQL server is external, and will not be changing.

As far as we understand, you are talking about an external MS SQL database for logging. If that's correct, information on which database to use will be included in the backup of your Adaxes service made on step 1 above and will be restored automatically on step 5.

Thanks for the migration process information. I finished the migration and everything seems to be working as expected.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I have 2 questions. 1. We are in the process of migrating from one AD forest to a new AD Forest. During this migration user accounts will be copied to ... can test in there with out impacting production. Does our existing license cover this? thanks.

asked Nov 1, 2018 by DFassett (710 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi Guys, Currently, we have two Adaxes hosts that need to be migrate do our new DC. This involves a change of a virtualizer and IP address. What is a best approach do ... to migrate machine or install new one in the new DC? Did someone did something like that?

asked Feb 4, 2015 by axmaster (510 points)
0 votes
1 answer
0 votes
1 answer

The only reference I can find to running adaxes on server core is several years (6?) old. Has there been any update to supporting adaxes on Windows Server core? Thank you.

asked Feb 7 by wd.swaters (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are planning to use Adaxes in our environment and before proceeding, we need to understand the firewall port requirements for Adaxes service to work. What are the firewall ports needed between Adaxes and AD domain controller?

asked Jan 24 by Renugopal (120 points)
3,350 questions
3,051 answers
7,791 comments
545,072 users