0 votes

Hi,
I am setting up the self password reset service. I have the security questions working fine but am having trouble with the SMS part. I'm getting an error "Mailbox unavailable. The server response was 5.7.1 Unable to relay.

I signed up for a trial of Red Oxygen to set this up and the settings look correct because I used the same settings to send a test sms to my cell from my email and it went through fine.

Any idea? Attached a picture of my settings.

Thanks

by (50 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Justin,

The error message that you get is returned by your SMTP server and means that it cannot relay the e-mail message to the specified recipient. Make sure that you specified correct credentials on the Service Mail Settings page and that your SMTP server allows relaying messages to the domain where your SMS gateway provider is located. Also, we recommend checking the logs of your SMTP server.

I checked the mail settings tab in Adaxes and clicked test settings, and the test email was sent to me just fine.

Hello Justin,

Did you check if your SMTP server allows relaying messages to the domain where your SMS gateway provider is located?

What about the logs of your SMTP server? Did you find any error messages/warnings there?

Hi,
Ok so I had the relay settings wrong. I got that fixed and the sms test now says it was successfully sent, although when I try and reset my password using the self reset, I never get the code sent to me. Am I missing something?

Hello Justin,

On step 2 of self password reset, did you see a message like the following:

If you did, check whether your test SMS messages actually reach the recipient.

If you did not, check whether SMS Verification Code is enabled in the configuration of the Password Self-Service Policy to which the user is enrolled. For information on how to check this, see the following help article: http://www.adaxes.com/help/?HowDoI.Mana ... olicy.html.

If you see any error messages/warnings, post here or send us a screenshot.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Is there a way to allow users to either answer the self-service reset questions OR get an SMS/Email verification? I can see how to set a policy for either one, but is there any way to enable an end user to choose which to use?

asked Apr 4, 2016 by johnsonua (390 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, In a previous installation of Adaxes, we were able to reset users passwords, and send it automatically by SMS to the user. When we try to do the same in Adaxes 2018. ... when we reset a users password. A similar SMS works just fine when we create the user.

asked May 23, 2019 by eirikza (120 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, Is it currently possible to modify what is sent to users initiating a password reset?

asked Aug 13, 2017 by polley (1.2k points)
0 votes
1 answer

We have two on-prem domains; Domain A and Domain B. Domain A is our primary domain and syncs with Azure AD. Domain B contains accounts created for external ... user attempts to authenticate, they are only authenticating against the Domain B on-prem domain?

asked Apr 10 by awooten (60 points)
+1 vote
1 answer

Hi, Is there any way to make Password Self Service Policies OR Operation? Let say, user can enroll to both Q&A and OTP App Google Authenication. However, during the password reset, user can choose either to use Q&A or OTP App.

asked Nov 18, 2021 by fachmi (170 points)
3,351 questions
3,052 answers
7,791 comments
545,079 users