0 votes

Currently when I build an account in the Web UI it sets the userPrincipalName to corporate.******.org. What I need it to do is set it to ******.org without the corporate. I have tried many different things to remove the corporate but no luck for me. I have tried to just delete the corporate when making the username but it wont let me change it. Thanks

by (420 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (216k points)

Hello,

To accomplish your task, you'll need to modify the Property Pattern that specifies constraints and value generation templates for the User object type. By default, this is done by the built-in User Pattern. To modify by the built-in User Pattern:

1. Launch Adaxes Administration Console.
  2. Expand the service node that represents your Adaxes service.
  3. Expand Configuration \ Property Patterns \ Builtin.
  4. Select the User Pattern. The constraints and value generation templates imposed by this Property pattern will be displayed in the Result Pane (located to the right).
  5. Double-click the Property Pattern item for the User Logon Name property.
  6. Specify the following in the Generate default value field: %samAccountName%@******.org.
  7. Click OK and save the Property Pattern.

Important: If you are going to use the modified Property Pattern in combination with the PowerShell script provided in Unique Username, the script also needs to be modified. Please reply in this topic to the question regarding the last name so that we could incorporate both the modifications together.

Important: If you are going to use the modified Property Pattern in combination with the PowerShell script provided in Unique Username, the script also needs to be modified. Please reply in this topic to the question regarding the last name so that we could incorporate both the modifications together.

See a modified version of the script that takes into account your custom UPN suffix in Unique Username.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

I'm trying to modify this report to only output results where employeeType equals the values below. It reports fine. I would also like to include where employeeType ... = "(&" + $filterUsers + $filterPasswordLastSet + $customAttribute + $enabledUser + ")"

asked Mar 28 by tromanko (180 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello team, our users are created by HR system into AD and have the start date as string in extensionAttribute2 with a prefix (like "startdate_2024-01-02"). Sometimes the user ... "Employee" Do you have a script in place to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

asked Mar 26 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have made a deprovision custom command. I cannot change the attribute directReports, so was thinking - i could take the people in the directReports field of the manager ... (and its subordinates) that im running the deprovision custom command from. Any tips?

asked Mar 21 by EdgarsABG (50 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, during account creation we store a user/requester DN in field adm-CustomAttributeObject2 If now this requester is disabled, I want to find all users in AD ... field. I found some articles and scripts, but nothing working as expected.

asked Feb 27 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, we currenlty have a business rule to send an email everytime the Title, Manager, Department, accountExpires, EmployeeType or FirstName attributes are ... Unit: %BusinessUnit% End Date: %accountExpires% Effective Date of Change: %adm-CustomAttributeDate2%

asked Feb 14 by KevC (60 points)
3,343 questions
3,044 answers
7,766 comments
544,953 users