0 votes

Is there a easy to copy changes between interfaces? looking to have a test web interface then promote or copy the changes to the Active interface technicians are using.

by (100 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

To copy changes between Web Interfaces, you can create a new Web Interface based on the settings of the existing one, add and test necessary changes and then replace the Web.config file for the production Web interface with the test one. To do so:

1. Launch Adaxes Web Interface Customization tool.
  2. Expand the Interface type drop-down menu and click New.
  3. Enter the new Web interface name and select the existing interface to copy settings from.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Perform necessary changes in the new Web interface and test them.
  6. IMPORTANT: Close Adaxes Web Interface Customization tool.
  7. Copy the Web.config file of the test Web Interface. By default the file is located in folder C:\Program Files\Softerra\Adaxes 3\Web Interface\<interface_name>\, where <interface_name> is the name of the Web interface.
  8. Navigate to the folder where the Web.config file for the target Web Interface is located.
  9. Replace the existing file with the one you copied on step 7.

Just what i was hoping for thanks!

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hi, In the previous version of Adaxes &lt;2018 we could right click and copy/paste a form from one interface to the other. Since the 2018 version with the web console we ... ve selected. :? So how do I copy/paste a specific action form another web interface?

asked May 17, 2019 by alex-df (440 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi - How can I remove the option of allowing "Copy User Groups" during the copy user process in the interface. I'd like to have it hidden but still active so to not allow our HR team to accidently unclick it during the process.

asked Oct 15, 2019 by 6FigureMission (140 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, Is it possible to copy an AD object from within the Web interface?

asked Aug 8, 2011 by nsd1915 (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Is it possible to grant selected user option to add custom license plan (or just subset of its licenses) to given user(s) using web interface?

asked Feb 28, 2023 by KIT (910 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Salutations, We have an Adaxes server that we use that was setup by someone whom is no longer with us. There is a section in the web interface that a standard user uses ... standard users fill out on one of the web pages Adaxes has setup in IIS. Suggestions?

asked Jan 16, 2023 by jkaufman-lr (20 points)
3,350 questions
3,051 answers
7,791 comments
545,068 users