0 votes

Hello Supportteam.

I have implemented the Reconnect MAilbox Script from the Script Repository.
It is working fine except one detail of the mailbox restore.
I want that the reconnected mailbox will be created in the same DB as before.
We have 16 DB on our Exchange, and some for external employees.
Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

by (50 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello,

That is exactly what the script should do if a mailbox is properly disconnected. The process should be like the following:

1. When you execute the Disconnect mailbox script, it saves the mailbox GUID and the distinguished name (DN) of the mailbox database to the properties specified in the $mbGUIDProperty and $mbStorePathProperty variables accordingly and disconnects the mailbox.
  2. When you execute the Reconnect mailbox script, it gets the mailbox GUID and the distinguished name (DN) of the mailbox database from the properties and reconnects the mailbox.

A new mailbox is created only if the disconnected mailbox is not found for the user. For example, if you disconnect a mailbox in some other way and the information is not saved to the properties, the Reconnect mailbox script will not be able to find the disconnected mailbox and a new mailbox will be created.

Exchange does not immediately synchronize mailbox state which probably causes the issue. To check whether the mailbox state is synchronized:

1. Disconnect a mailbox in Adaxes using the Disconnect mailbox script from our repository.
  2. Copy the value of the property specified by the $mbStorePathProperty variable.
  3. Sign in to the computer where Exchange is installed and run PowerShell.
  4. Execute the following command:
    Get-MailboxStatistics -Database <database_store> | where {$_.DisconnectDate -ne $Null}
    Where <database_store> is the value you copied on step 2.

Usually, mailboxes are added to the disconnected list once a day. For information on how to synchronize mailbox state, have a look at the following article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... .150).aspx.

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hi team, I have a few questions about approval flows How can I send approval to individual user (stored in an custom attribute)? How can I do actions based on request is ... -&gt; set accountExpire +6 Months if denied -&gt; do nothing and account will expire

asked Mar 13 by wintec01 (1.1k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hallo Everyone I've seen the Report for Exchange Mailboxes with OU, Send on Behalf, Full Rights and Send As Rights: https://www.adaxes.com/questions/ ... . Example: User: Peter.Steinmann Identity: Which Mailboxes AccessRights: FullAccess Kind regards,

asked Jul 6, 2022 by Sandberg94 (340 points)
0 votes
0 answers

Or would the DLs have to be manually created and rules set up? I'm starting to look into features of the product before demoing, and was hoping there was an easy answer on this one. Thanks

asked Oct 7, 2020 by SIRI-Steele (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We are evaluating the product and would like to let users of AD to change password in self service page. We would like to set a 90 days change password policy, ... self service page? Is it achievable (with customization and batch program)? Thanks in advance.

asked Apr 27, 2020 by eric (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, I try to build a report for domain/forest properties like - whenCreated - whenChanged - last backup from DC1 - FSMo Roles owner (Schema, DNS, PDC, RID, Infra) - ... I don't find a good example in "All Reports" nor in Script Repository. regards Helmut

asked Feb 18, 2019 by a423385 (510 points)
3,350 questions
3,051 answers
7,791 comments
545,075 users