0 votes

We are creating an in-house developed portal for our customers. One of the features in our portal will be the user management which will be provided through Adaxes Web Interface. The customer will log in to our developed portal through AD credentials. Is there a way to pass AD credentials off to Adaxes' Web Interface? In a way of a cookie? session? URL encoded string?

Any information will help the developers on our end.

by (80 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (18.0k points)

Hello,

It is possible to pass user credentials programmatically to Adaxes Web Interface. Here you have 2 options:

1. Call the SignIn method on the Adaxes authentication web service (AuthenticationService.asmx).

Using ASP.NET AJAX Extentions:

Sys.Net.WebServiceProxy.invoke("/AdaxesAdmin/AuthenticationService.asmx", "SignIn", false, 
   {'username': username, 'password': password}, function(){location.href = "/AdaxesAdmin/Default.aspx"}, 
    function(error){alert(error.get_message())});

Using jQuery:

$.ajax({
            'type':'POST',
            'url': "/AdaxesAdmin/AuthenticationService.asmx/SignIn",
            'data': "{username: \""+ username + "\", password: \"" + password + "\"}", 
            'dataType': "json",
            'contentType': "application/json; charset=utf-8",
            'success': function(){location.href = "/AdaxesAdmin/Default.aspx"},
            'error': function(jqXHR, textStatus, errorThrown)
            {
               var responseJson = $.parseJSON(jqXHR.responseText);
               alert(responseJson.Message);
            }
          });

Please note that this method will work only if your web site and Adaxes Web Interface are hosted in the same domain.

2. Pass user name and password in the sign in URL:
http://server.com/AdaxesAdmin/SignIn.aspx?username=user@domain.com&password=pwd

Since we are developing our in house application in PHP, I will keep every one updated if we decide to use the PHP Microsoft AJAX Library located at http://phpmsajax.codeplex.com

Hello,

Is something like this still possible with recent versions of Adaxes? e.g. with 2018.2

Thanks,
Chris

Nevermind, I see that it is. You just post to /SignIn instead.

Thanks!
-Chris

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Is it possible to pass credentials to Adaxes web interface in order to skip log on?

asked Sep 7, 2011 by abdutal (110 points)
+1 vote
0 answers

Currently, users from Azure AD domains cannot log in to Adaxes Web interface and cannot use password self-service to reset their forgotten passwords. Cause Feature is not yet implemented. Will be implemented in one of the future releases.

asked Nov 16, 2022 by Adaxes (550 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi I've created a new adaxes configuration and limited access to do things based on the 'actions' section: only create, modify, delete contacts are available. Added myself to ... since updating to version 3.16.21408.0. How can I resolve this error? Thanks

asked Oct 4, 2023 by cheezoid (20 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi We have Adaxes available through Azure app proxy as we have external support for some of our companies and these people don't have VPN available to them. The ... change the Web Interface Address to the Azure link? Will this break anything? Thanks Matt

asked Jan 20, 2022 by chappers77 (2.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

I would like to change department without a script just yet if possible on multiple accounts. If I cant do this then I will entertain custom script Thanks :)

asked Nov 23, 2021 by will17 (350 points)
3,326 questions
3,025 answers
7,723 comments
544,675 users