0 votes

Hi

Firstly, can I say well done on 2018.1. The interface is a lot nicer and the ability to use Else and Else If statements in business rules is invaluable :D

I do have a quick question regarding predefined values for form fieldss.
When deprovisioning a user account, we are setting a date when the account can be deleted which by default is today +60 days and I would really like it if this field could be prepopulated with the default date.
I have tried creating a property pattern with a default value, but the field is still empty when I get to it whether the pattern is required or not.
Also, the use of a property pattern (especially a required one) does trouble me with this specific attribute as should someone misconfigure the scheduled cleanup task, we could end up with a lot more accounts being removed than expected.
Ideally I would prefer there to be no need for a property pattern, but instead when you load the form, it automatically calculates the default date and populates this for you.

Is this possible? Or something which you are looking to implement in a future release?

Thanks

Matt

by (2.0k points)

Hello Matt,

Firstly, can I say well done on 2018.1. The interface is a lot nicer and the ability to use Else and Else If statements in business rules is invaluable

Thank you for your good words! Much appreciated!

Is this possible? Or something which you are looking to implement in a future release?

How exactly do you deprovision user accounts? Are you using an Action that then triggers a Business Rule or the scenario is different? Please, provide all the possible details for us to give you the best solution.

Thanks for the quick response.
Yes, I'm creating a form which will modify the user and then set off a set of business rules based on an attribute update to do the rest of the work.

I've actually just made a discovery though, it seems that my admin account (domain admin) doesn't have some access as I get an error "You do not have the permissions to read properties of my account", so when I was using the Predefined Fields it was giving a similar error.

However, when I use my non-privileged account, I get a different error: "String '07/09/2018 15:18:19' can't be converted to a type appropriate for the property 'adm-customattributedate2'"

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Matt,

I've actually just made a discovery though, it seems that my admin account (domain admin) doesn't have some access as I get an error "You do not have the permissions to read properties of my account", so when I was using the Predefined Fields it was giving a similar error.

You need to check whether the account is present in the Unmanaged User Accounts list. To do so:

1. Launch Adaxes Administration Console.
  2. In the Console Tree, right-click the service node and click Properties in the context menu.
  3. Click restrict in the Licensing section on the General tab.
  4. Check whether the account (domain admin) you are using is present in the list. If it does, remove the account from the list to remedy the issue.

However, when I use my non-privileged account, I get a different error: "String '07/09/2018 15:18:19' can't be converted to a type appropriate for the property 'adm-customattributedate2'"

When exactly do you get the error? Could you post here or send us a screenshot?

You need to check whether the account is present in the Unmanaged User Accounts list.

It is, I'll remove it from there.

When exactly do you get the error?

I open the task and select the user. The form starts to load, then goes back to the user selection screen and the error pops up.

Hello Matt,

As we understand, you are using a value reference (e.g. %datetime%) for the custom date attribute in the predefined fields for the action. This is a known issue and we will fix it as soon as only possible.

I am indeed (specifically %datetime,+60d%) and thanks for the info. I look forward to the update :)

Hello,

Adaxes 2019.1 which includes a fix for the issue is now available. You can download it here.

What's New | Upgrade Instructions

Excellent, thanks for the update, I'll arrange to get it downloaded and tested :)

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Is it possible to remove the default blank option that shows up in a multi-value field? When I add two possible options for a multi-value field in the Property Pattern constraint, ... along with the other two options. Is it possible to get rid of the blank?

asked Mar 8, 2017 by sdavidson (730 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I'd like to implement a rule to ensure that telephoneNumber value is unique accross the domain for each user, either after creation or updates. I tried to implement a ... one (before change). How to get the new value in the script ? Thanks Stephen

asked May 31, 2011 by sroux (800 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have a field (Extension attribute 13) tha automatically populates or removes the data dependant on another field. Then in the forms and views I have created the field in the view ... field to the create or modify form but to make it read only for the user?

asked Mar 15, 2019 by KevinDownward (100 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi We need to add an account expiration date for contractors to our user creation form and the best attribute I can think to use is one of the Adaxes date attributes ... change the prompt for the entry so that it isn't asking for 'CustomAttributeDate2'? Thanks

asked Jun 13, 2018 by chappers77 (2.0k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello, Is there a way to add a note field on the create user form for additional information. This info would not go into Active Directory but just in the ... etc instead of sending a separate email to IT with additional information. Thanks in advance.

asked Nov 3, 2015 by nturner (100 points)
3,350 questions
3,051 answers
7,791 comments
545,068 users