0 votes

Is there anyway to provide a corporate phone directory list to employees through the self service portal? Based on what I've seen in a search, it doesn't appear to be that this is possible.

Thx!

--Joel

by (470 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
by (272k points)
selected by
Best answer

Hello Joel,

There is no such possibility using built-in reports. The feature will be available in the next major release.

As a workaround, you can use the View User Home Page Action. The target object selection will include only users that have a telephone number specified. To create the action:

1. Launch Adaxes Web Interface Customization Tool.
  2. Select the Self Service interface type.
  3. On the General tab, clear the Do not show the Home Page checkbox and click Configure Home Page Actions.
  4. If necessary, uncheck/delete the built-in Home page actions.
  5. Click Add and select the View User action.
  6. On step 2 of the wizard, select Allow selecting only AD objects that match the specific LDAP filter.
  7. In the LDAP filter field enter the following: telephoneNumber=*

Note: If corporate phones are stored in another property, specify its LDAP name in the filter instead of telephoneNumber.
  8. Click Next.
  9. Select Use customized form and click Customize Form.
  10. Delete all the sections except for the Telephones one.
  11. Delete all the properties from the section except for Telephone Number.

Note: If corporate phones are stored in another property, keep only this property. If the property is not present in the section, click Add below Section Fields, select the required property and click OK.
  12. Click OK and finish creating the Home Page Action.

Hello Joel,

The new version of Adaxes that allows creating custom reports is available. For details on how to create reports in Adaxes 2018.1, have a look at the following tutorial: https://www.adaxes.com/tutorials_Active ... Report.htm.

You can download the new version here.

Upgrade Instructions

What's New

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer

Hi, I want to format all existing entries in "telephone number" to the E.164 without exporting and importing a list. At the moment we have the following formats: +49123456789 ... by default +49 123 456 789 How can I catch this with a scheduled task? Thanks

asked Feb 28, 2023 by boris (470 points)
0 votes
1 answer

To avoid typos at the user creation, I want if it is possible to define der Property "IP Phone" by default as the last 4 digits of the property "Telephone Number" ? Thanks

asked Oct 11, 2022 by boris (470 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hello Would it be possible for us to have a report which details: User Name Description Office Mobile Phone Number Custom Attribute 3 (we are using this alongside mobile phone number to contain the model of phone) Mobile Phone (Other) Thanks in adavance

asked Feb 2, 2016 by CBurn (700 points)
0 votes
1 answer

Using the powershell module, I know how to create a scheduled task, and also how to bind to a scheduled task that is already known. I also have used code to try creating ... same time as another. These are all one-time tasks and will be removed once executed.

asked Jan 19 by aweight (40 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I need to add many check-box list items to a Custom Command, I think the best way to do this is via PowerShell rather than through the UI. What's ... Softerra.Adaxes.Interop.Adsi.Parameters.IAdmParameterCheck[]]$ItemsList # Also doesn't work $command.SetInfo()

asked Jan 4 by Viajaz (210 points)
3,351 questions
3,052 answers
7,791 comments
545,080 users