By default, in hybrid environments, when an on-premises AD object is created in Adaxes within the scope of a Microsoft 365 tenant, Adaxes will create the corresponding object in Azure AD.
If Adaxes is configured not to synchronize passwords or a password specified for a new user does not meet password policy requirements in Azure AD, a random temporary password will be generated for that user. By default, the following message with the generated password will be displayed in the execution log:
A temporary password has been assigned to the user's Microsoft 365 account. The temporary password is <randomPassword>.
To configure Adaxes not to display this message:
- Launch Adaxes Administration console.
- In the Console Tree, expand the Adaxes service node.
- Navigate to Configuration / Cloud Services and select Microsoft 365.
- In the Result Pane on the right, select your Microsoft 365 tenant and click Edit.
- On the Tenant Details tab, click More options.
- Clear the Display the temporary password in the Execution Log checkbox.
- Click OK twice.