We are currently still running an older version of Adaxes (2014.1) and having an issue with our 2nd server of Adaxes that is in our DMZ. I would like to resolve this before we do our update, as I am prepping everything for the upgrade to version 2017.1. This Adaxes server is supposed to provide a Password reset Self Service to users that are connecting outside of our company network to reset their passwords.
This server has been working since we built it up till about a month ago, then we started getting errors:
After trying to Sign In on our IIS page for the password reset; the top left corner indicates
'domain name here' is not operational The LDAP server is unavailable.
Then I checked the event viewer logs for Adaxes and this is what I found each time I attempted to Sign In:
Softerra.Adaxes.Web.Utils.LogMessageWrapperException: Failed to use an Adaxes service to validate the user credentials. --- Softerra.Adaxes.Adsi.DirectoryComException (0x8007054B): The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
at Softerra.Adaxes.Interop.SafeNativeMethods.LookupDomainName(String computerName, String domainName, String siteName, LookupDCFlags flags)
at Softerra.Adaxes.Adsi.AdmServiceFactory.ConfigurationSetBasedStrategy.FindService(String targetServer)
at Softerra.Adaxes.Adsi.AdmNamespace.GetNearestService(String targetServerArg, String usernameArg, String passwordArg)
at Softerra.Adaxes.Web.Common.AdaxesServiceFactory.AdaxesServiceFactoryImpl.GetServiceCore(String serviceName, String username, String password)
at Softerra.Adaxes.Web.Common.AdaxesServiceFactory.AdaxesServiceFactoryImpl.GetService(String serviceName, String username, String password)
at Softerra.Adaxes.Web.Common.AdaxesServiceFactory.AdaxesServiceFactoryImpl.GetNearestService(IHttpContext httpContext, NetworkCredential credential, Boolean skipCache)
at Softerra.Adaxes.Web.Authentication.CredentialChecker.DefaultCredentialChecker.ValidateUsernamePassword(String username, String password, ValidateCredentialOptions validateCredentialOptions, IHttpContext context)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
I am still looking into this internally if there was something done to our environment which would block ldap services. I even installed LDAP Browser from Softerra to confirm if this server could browse using LDAP, and the connection seems fine. I am able to browse through all of the Active Directory OU's we have in place.
I did some searching within the forums but was unable to find anything that was related to this event log entry. I am currently unsure of what went wrong. It was currently working fine prior to this. As far as I knew there was nothing done to the environment.
I am wondering if I can get any assistance on this.