Sometimes, if an Adaxes service was not uninstalled properly, Adaxes Administration Console shows the removed instance in the list of available Adaxes services.
The easiest way to clear the registration information is to install Adaxes service on the same computer again, register all the AD domains, and uninstall the service. If you cannot do this, read the rest of this article.
Information about available Adaxes services is stored in Active Directory. To publish the information, Adaxes uses Service Connection Points (SCPs). To clear the registration information, you need to delete appropriate Service Connection Point entries in Active Directory:
- Launch the Adaxes Administration Console.
- In the Console Tree, expand your Adaxes service node, right-click Active Directory, and then click Find.
- Activate the LDAP Search tab.
- Enter the following LDAP filter: (&(objectCategory=serviceConnectionPoint)(keywords=184.108.40.206.4.1.157220.127.116.11))
- Click Search. Adaxes will search for all the SCPs of Adaxes services in all managed Active Directory domains:
- Delete the SCP entries that were published by a removed Adaxes service.