I disagree that %member% always returned GUID instead of DN. We have used %member% on several places and treat it like it returns DN and everyhing was working fine until we updated Adaxes to version 2020.1 (sorry for wrong version in title of this question).
On screenshots bellow you can see comparison of one powershell business rule script, that is used to check new members of AD group.
You can clearly see, that when run in Adaxes console (2019.2 or 2020.1), %member% returns DN:
But when this rules is invoked in adaxes web, it returns GUID:
So to sum this up. Adaxes console is working correctly and returns DN, but in new version of web interface something changed, so it returns GUID now.
For me, this is clearly a bug..