I need to prevent the following situation. Someone defined membership rule that adds direct members to group XYZ. Some of the users then gets disabled, because the emplyee has left the company. The user is removed from all groups during the decomission process, but is then again added to such adaxes-managed group.

Can I: A) have automation that checks all group membership rules and removes disabled users sub-rules? B) prevent the addition process via business rule etc?

PS: I've created business rule that prevents adding disabled users to groups but it works only for interactive additions, not the ones processed via membership rules

ago by (1.1k points)

1 Answer

ago by (310k points)
0 votes

Hello,

A) have automation that checks all group membership rules and removes disabled users sub-rules?

It can only be done using a custom PowerShell script. Unfortunately, we do not have anything like that, but the following article should be helpful: https://adaxes.com/sdk/IAdmGroup2.

B) prevent the addition process via business rule etc?

Unfortunately, there is no such possibility. Business rule do not trigger upon membership updates based on rule-based groups settings. The behavior is by design and cannot be changed.

Related questions

Hi team, I have a follow up to this question https://www.adaxes.com/questions/14234/business-after-adding-members-powershell-script-executed Let me explain my setup A rule- ... area% failed due to the following exception: $($_.Exception.Message)", "Error") }

asked Feb 13, 2024 by wintec01 (2.7k points)
0 votes
1 answer

Hi team, I need to update users extensionAttribute6 after adding or removing them from a specific group. This is my setup: Group is updated based on rule set within Adaxes ... would like to update users after they were added or removed from this group. Thanks!

asked Sep 25, 2023 by wintec01 (2.7k points)
0 votes
1 answer

I created a group Business Rule that triggers "After adding or removing a member from a group". On its Activity Scope I added a test group, and set it for "The group ... does not trigger. What should I do to make the BR detect this (admittedly rare) case?

asked Mar 16, 2023 by alex.vanderwoude (60 points)
0 votes
1 answer

We would like to use a script to copy the rules of a ‘Membership type = rule-based’ group and add them to another group. Is this possible? Do you have a script available? Thanks

asked Oct 6, 2025 by DRiVSSi (360 points)
0 votes
1 answer

I have found the script to force membership updates for all rule based groups, but is there a script to force update a specific rule based group? I am looking to add a ... I would like to trigger a rule based group that adds members of the manual group. Thanks

asked Jul 9, 2025 by msheppard (880 points)
0 votes
1 answer