Ok i did a complete set of test to make sure you have all the information you need. But i want to describe the context first, it will help a lot i'm sure.
We have a multi domain forest :
LOI(Root), and several child domains (Europe-Americas,Asia-Pacific)
We use a global service account for Adaxes which is in the root domain
The first Adaxes server is in the Europe domain
The second one is in Asia-Pacific domain
We plan to deploy a third one in Americas domain (once current issue solved)
In Europe, which is the main datacenter, we have a DCs for every domain in the forest.
In Asia, we only have DCs for Asia-Pacific and Root domains
In Americas, we only have DCs for Americas and Root domains
So in Asia, we activated/registered only Root and Asia domains in Adaxes console
What we did
1. Restart Adaxes service
2. Try with the service account/default service administrator : performance ok
3. Add an Asian account as a service administrator, log-on to Adaxes : performance ok
4. log-on to Adaxes with an existing service admin account from Europe domain : slow
5. Remove the Asian account from service administrators (but still have rights to see all objects through security roles), log-on to Adaxes : slow
6. While connected with same account as #5, i open a node, or a Business Rule for instance : slow. But if i refresh with F5 : ok (fast).
We have 3 GC on the same site (2 from Asia domain, 1 from Root domain)
Note a strange thing : Adaxes can resolve SID/Guid to name (i can see all service administrators full name) if root domain is registered. If i unregister root domain, Adaxes only resolve local (Asian) account. I find it strange, because with Root domain registered it can resolve European account even if the Europe domain is not registered.
If i tried to list service admins with account in #5, i've got an error in the tab "Failed to fetch the service administrator list. The 'ConfigurationSetSettings (Adaxes)' object does not exist." which might be normal or not.
Hope it helps