Manage Active Directory Objects of a Custom Type
In addition to widely used object types, like User, Group, Computer, and Organizational Unit, Active Directory can contain objects of many other types. It is even possible to define your own object types by extending the Active Directory schema. Adaxes Active Directory Web Interface can be configured to allow you to manage AD objects of any type.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- create forms for viewing, creating, editing, and renaming AD objects of a custom type,
- configure the Web Interface to display objects of this type, when browsing Active Directory.
- Click the Add button located under the Object types list (located on the left).
- Select the object type you need.
- Click OK. The selected object type will be displayed in the Object types list.
- Use the View tab to configure how objects of the selected type will be displayed in the Web Interface.
- Use the Create tab to define the form used to create new objects of the selected type.
- Use the Modify tab to define the form used to edit objects of the selected type.
- Use the Rename tab to define the form used to rename objects of the selected type.
- Click OK.
- Open the AD Browsing tab.
- Click Configure Object Types.
- In the AD Object Grid group box, select the Show all object types check box.
- Check the object type you need in the list above.
- Click OK.
When the changes are applied, Adaxes Web Interface will display Active Directory objects of the type you specified and allow you to create and edit objects of this type.